Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

857.david ...on ebay... has he bought from you then (few weeks later) asked to return it?

basically he buys from you, tries to sell it multiple times at 2-3x more (which is fine - its a free world) - but then asks to return it if it doesnt sell

i see that he bought from Jeff (Action Currency) recently... anyone else else getting scammed by this character?

Comments

• Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    This has happened to me as well,although it was several years ago and not from this same buyer.Back then things were a bit different with eBay-you could actually refuse a return-especially if the note has been offered up for sale by that buyer as that would be like allowing anyone to use your "inventory" as if it were their own without having to lay out capital or assume any of the risks or other costs of running a business.Nowadays,not sure how you can refuse a return as both eBay and Paypal will team up against you as their policies with returns are certainly leaning liberally towards the buyer(and clearly some buyers abuse these policies).Part of the reason I use eBay sparingly as a seller is that crap rule that they made up that allows them have the final say in my business decisions......returns.....of course-it's good business.BUT,it should be up to the seller(the business owner if you will) to decide what time frame works for their own business model/lives (this 180 day thing is a joke but not funny when it comes around to potentially bite you in the ass).I say,enough with the micro-management......rant over.
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    it clearly says in Ebay's policy that if you "Didnt get it or it Wasnt as Described"

and i got the guy to admit in an ebay email that nothing was wrong with them

and he listed the notes THREE times

in fact, one is CURRENTLY LISTED !!!
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    Somewhat related....I occasionally will get an email from someone selling me a two dollar bill. Not that unusual, but it is one that I can buy cheaper on eBay (and it is the the eBay seller contacting me). It is a free world and all, but it pisses me off.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Maxcrusha
    basically he buys from you, tries to sell it multiple times at 2-3x more (which is fine - its a free world) - but then asks to return it if it doesnt sell

i see that he bought from Jeff (Action Currency) recently... anyone else else getting scammed by this character?

He's gotten two notes lately. He's trying to resell one. And he is one of the guys that puts "AC" in the beginning of some of their listings. I always assume they don't realize why that is in my listings. Everything is out of the two week window, so thanks for the heads up. I won't give a return if he asks to go beyond the official endpoint.

The note I don't see in his listing was one of the notes I discount heavily for being apparent. If he is reselling I would assume he just cuts them out.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." Henry David Thoreau
    twitter: @ActionCurrency
    web: www.actioncurrency.com
  • Options
    I take it back. After talking to my wife, I realized this guy was someone that burned his bridges about 6 weeks ago. He had bought a lot of stuff from all the familiar dealers. Then he returned *everything*. He even tried to return stuff from me before the notes had been delivered. He opened the return case on those, then closed the return case, then realized he could not reopen the return. I told him to just not sign for them and return them to sender.

After this amazingly bad behavior I told him that if he returned another note from me I would block him.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." Henry David Thoreau
    twitter: @ActionCurrency
    web: www.actioncurrency.com