Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Note Sleeves Recommendation?

I've reached my wits end with the 3-ring binder sheets I use, as the edges of the pockets curl the enclosed notes. It's nothing that can't be carefully fixed but I'm tired of putting my collection at risk.

So, because I have a world collection with all shapes and sizes, the best size seems to be the 5 x 8 mylar holders. Several dealers have them for sale, however I'm talking about over 4,000 notes and I really, REALLY don't want to spend over $1,000 rehousing my collection (for instance, Denly's holders would cost me about $2,000, Air-Tites would cost me about $1,600).

Does anyone have any suggestions on dealers or companies that have decently priced holders (I'm talking the fold over design with open sides) suitable for this purpose?

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I'm trying to be realistic but I'm also trying not to break the bank. I realize I'm going to have to put at least "hundreds" into this project, but I really don't want to have to put "thousands" into it.

And slabbing that many notes seems completely out of the question. image

Check out my world paper money collection at papermoney.x10.mx

Comments

• Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Robert, PM sent.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Options
    Robert, Jim beat me to it but I also sent you a PM.
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foldover mylar holders should be priced at less than half of the price of those sealed on three sides. We have sold both types in the past but don't carry the 5x8 size currently. In the quantities mentioned you should be paying about 12-15 cents each, or $500-600 for 4000 pcs.
    Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    rbethearbethea Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    sellitstore - sent you a PM.
    Check out my world paper money collection at papermoney.x10.mx