Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Who's going to PCDA

I'll be in tomorrow evening until Sunday morning. If I have something you want to see, let me know so I'll be sure to bring it.
"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." Henry David Thoreau
twitter: @ActionCurrency
web: www.actioncurrency.com

Comments

• I'm there. It is a local show for me.
    Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.

• goldengolden Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going when it was in St. Charles ( a great location and there was also a coin show on another level ) but now I cannot justify a trip to Chicago.
  • TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    I was tempted but it's too close to Thanksgiving and we're hosting image
  • TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    I'll be missing this show but will be at the FUN Show in Tampa.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • garrynotgarrynot Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    Where is the show at?
  • TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: garrynot
    Where is the show at?

It's at the Crowne Plaza Chicago O’Hare, located at 5440 North River Road, Rosemont, IL. Here is the PCDA website about the show.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • KT5SilverKT5Silver Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    I will be there Friday. I hope that there is a good dealer turn out. I haven't found anything in quite some time.

Originally posted by: Tootawl

Originally posted by: garrynot

Where is the show at?

It's at the Crowne Plaza Chicago O’Hare, located at 5440 North River Road, Rosemont, IL. Here is the PCDA website about the show.

It's righit by my house. image Thanks!
  • There have been a few dealers selling at better prices because they want to get stuff off the books for the last show of the year. Most of the currency guys from Baltimore were here plus many other dealers. If you had a choice between the two shows as a collector this would have been the one to go to. Better selection, a cheap destination if you fly, and cheaper hotels.

I must admit I brought an abbreviated inventory of just more expensive stuff. I made sure I had some new purchases that are not yet on eBay or my website.

Except the weather has been horrible. It is snowing now and will continue through tomorrow afternoon. I assume traffic will be slow tomorrow from the public and people flying out tomorrow will be delayed.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." Henry David Thoreau
    twitter: @ActionCurrency
    web: www.actioncurrency.com
    I was at the show this morning. About 2/3 of the tables were manned. Very interesting merchandise on display. Many examples of all sorts of currency such as Nationals, large and small currency, errors, and nice examples of fractionals, colonials and obsoletes. It was very enjoyable. If any one left early it is understandable. There is a foot of snow in the Rosemont- OHare area. My wife may still get home from Denver tonite.