Options

help who is in the picture

Comments

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top left is Larry Holmes.

Top right looks like Evander Holyfield.

Top middle looks like Joe Frazier.

Top row, 2nd from right...maybe Rocky Marciano?

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T: Larry Holmes, Joe Louis, Joe Frazier, Rocky Marciano, Michael Spinks

B: Chuck Wepner, no clue, Aaron Pryor, Mark Medal, Ali (in a tie?)
  • Options
    Perhaps the unknown next to Chuck Wepner is Mia St. John?
  • Options
    larry homes sugar ray Roberson older joe louis or Joe Frazier johnny tapia or Rocky Marciano

ckuck webner christy martin Aaron Pryor, Mark Medal, ??? thanks for help mybe we can guss the guy on bottom and next to Michael Spink
    jesse6131414
  • Options
    I've been going stir-crazy over this. When I first looked at this print, there were some I was 1,000% on (e.g., Holmes, Spinks and Pryor), while others who shared striking resemblances but still left an uncertain feeling in the pit of my stomach.

That said, I have a few revisions, so please feel free to chime in. Let's start at the top-left corner and go clockwise in a rectangular fashion:

TL: Larry Holmes

T, 2nd from the left: I thought a young Joe Louis, but I'm leaning toward Sugar Ray Robinson now (thanks to Jesse). But I still don't think it's cut and dry by any stretch. Take a look at these photos of SRR and JL and you guys decide:

T, 3rd from the left: I'm confident I figured this one out, and it's not Joe Frazier. I believe it to be Archie Moore:

T, 4th from the left: I took the safe, conventional approach and said Marciano, but my gut says it's someone else. I have another fighter on the tip of my tongue, but I can't seem to pull the trigger. Tapia was a strong stab, Jesse, but I'm just not sure. Again, input from others is desperately needed here. lol

TR: Michael Spinks

BR: This one is really perplexing. This pair of eyes sees quasi-Ali in a tie, which makes no sense whatsoever. I then contemplated a younger Don King prior to the days of him sticking his finger in a light socket, but I've since taken my brain elsewhere. Help a brother out!

B, 2nd from the right: I'll be completely honest, I had no idea who the hell Mark Medal was. If it weren't for completeds on eBay (as well as his sig), I still wouldn't.

B, 3rd from the right: Aaron Pryor has always had a distinctive look, hence no additional help was necessary.

B, 4th from the right: Good guess with St. John, Tabe, but I think Jesse is on it with Christy Martin:

BL: I knew who Chuck Wepner was, but I never would have recognized the face. Once again, I "cheated" via completed listings on eBay.

So here is what I tentatively have after the revisions, with the slam dunks in all caps:

T: LARRY HOLMES, Sugar Ray Robinson, ARCHIE MOORE, Rocky Marciano, MICHAEL SPINKS

B: CHUCK WEPNER, CHRISTY MARTIN, AARON PRYOR, MARK MEDAL, a dapper Muhammad Ali?!?

Okay, I just ran my leg and I'm officially unloading this baton forever, as I'm starting to experience hallucinogenic effects. image

This was a fun challenge!
  • Options
    Ah screw it, I'm back. No longer confident. Reinsert Smokin' Joe for Archie Moore. LOL

• Options
    Christy Martin is the name I was trying to think of when I came across Mia St. John, LOL.

I would definitely say it's Christy.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck I that it was Joan Jett so you are way ahead on all scorecards

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Ronald "Butch" Lewis Michael Spinks manager
    jesse6131414
  • Options
    Emile Griffith the one next to Larry homes image been looking for hours
    jesse6131414