Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

~*~*~ NOVEMBER, 2015 "BARGAIN BIN" ~*~*~

Looks like we haven't had the Bargain Bin thread for a couple of months.

Time to dust off the tradition, I think. image

Post yer goodies! Usual rules; nothing over $100, no eBay auctions, etc, etc.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (11/11: two pieces marked sold; minor price reductions on a couple of others.)

Bermuda "Triangle" dollar (impaired silver proof), 1998.

KM104a, .925 silver/.5948 oz. A bit scuffy, apparently from being removed from its original packaging. Rescued from a bulk silver lot just because it was cool looking. Interesting toning with hints of lavender. Queen Lizzie's portrait still has some Cameo contrast. A proof catalogs $50.00 on the NGC/Krause priceguide, but you may have this one for... uhhh... $15? ***SOLD***

Late-medieval Ireland: hammered silver "Harp groat" of Henry VIII of England (1509-1547).

Admittedly, I do not have a full attribution on this Henry VIII coin yet, nor any real idea of its value (or lack thereof). I'll post a thread on the World Coin forum for assistance, since I'm separated from my Spink Ireland/Scotland book at the moment. This coin has Henry's "H" initial to the left of the harp and a "K" for one of his five wives, which indicates one of the three Catherines (Katherines) he married. I'm guessing maybe Katherine of Aragon, his first and longest marriage partner (m. 1509, annulled 1533). There is some raggedness to the edge of the flan and a small hole. Some green deposits appear to me to be natural verdigris rather than PVC. Still a neat piece of history. It is approximately the diameter of a US quarter, give or take. Until I get more information, I'll pull a number out of thin air and ask $49? ***SOLD***

Larger obverse picture

Larger reverse picture

Isle of Man proof crown (Royal wedding of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson), 1986.

KM174, copper-nickel, 38.5 mm. Nice cameo contrast. Plastic holder. Looks a tiny bit hazy in the photos, but not so much in hand. $7.

Philippines (US sovereignty) silver peso, 1907-S.

An attractive circ with no distractions. I'd call it VF. Struck at San Francisco. KM172, .800 silver/.5144 oz. $16.

USA: repoussé "popout" on 1900 Barber dime.

Some moderate wear which I thinks gives this piece character. Slightly domed or "Pringled" appearance (a word I just invented because the flan here is approximately the shape of a Pringles potato chip). Possibly was mounted on a ring back in the day. $25.

(I also have a very nice prooflike BU Italian 20-lire gold coin on the World Coins BST, but even though that is bargain priced, it doesn't fall under the $100 price cap for this "Bargain Bin" thread. Do please check it out over there if you are so inclined, however.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
    What? Nobody else has any cheap-n'-cheerful stuff to sell anymore?

Geez. No wonder the Bargain Bin tradition seems to have withered.

Oh well. I updated my selections above.

By all means, post yours, if you like.

• UMCaneUMCane Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
    imageimage

Here is a nice Raw Merc...
    $40 shipped

"Just because you were born on 3rd base doesn't mean you hit a triple"

imageimage

1960 Proof Franklin In Original Mint Cello
    $20 shipped

• Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $old! Will be posting more later.
  • MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

==================================

2001 P North Carolina State Quarter. The toning is more vibrant than my picture shows. This coin was in a state quarter board and toned like it is. I have not sent it for certification, so I do not know if it will holder. $15.00 delivered
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    1858 & 1857 Flying Eagles. Prefer to sell them for $32 delivered for the 2 coins with your non-fee payment.

To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • themasterthemaster Posts: 676 ✭✭✭
    Circulated Jefferson nickel sets. ( 1938-2004 ) Four sets available, $60 ea. delivered. NOW $50 ea. 11/15/15 NOW $45 ea. 11/19/15

Sets are complete (150 coins) There are some AU and BU coins among the later dates.

All 4 sets for $200 NOW $180 11/15/15 NOW $160 11/19/15

Have a Great Day!

Louis
    "If you would know the value of money, go and try to borrow some." Benjamin Franklin
  • bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All prices include shipping and paypal. Please feel free to ask any questions.

1867 No Rays Nickel PCGS VF35 $70

1958 Roosevelt Dime NGC MS66FT $30

1976 S Silver Proof Quarter PR69DCAM $25

6 Silver Mexico 100 Pesos. Couple are AU 2x1977 4x1979 sold

imageimage

Set of 4 1977-S Ultra Cameo Proof coins
    $60 takes all 4
    ...Will break up

• mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1916-S Buffalo with large retained obverse cud - *** SOLD ***

PM if interested. Plenty of board refs.

• MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a few items... I'd prefer paypal on all of these. A money order is fine also, I'll take a check if we've worked together in the past. No problems with returns if you're not happy.
    Thanks.

sold

• mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    All prices include shipping/insurance paid by me.

Thanks for looking, and more to come later...

1969 Lincoln 1C PCGS MS66RD: $40

1969 Roosevelt 10C PCGS MS65: $40

• coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1859 Liberty Seated half dollar. SOLD

imageimage

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• USMarine6USMarine6 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $25 shipped for the 1813 cent and $SOLD for the pair of Peace. Silver Medal from Saudi Arabia. Believed to be King Fisal. $20 each with five available. come in at 20 grams

• MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

1879 S Morgan Dollar MS62 Toned in an Old ANACS Small holder. Toned in a quarter crescent moon from about 3-8 o’clock on the obverse with the reverse having pinkish/lavender toning around the rims. Looks like the photograph. $80.00

Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
    ALBUMS

Sold.

• PM send to umcane.
    I had a green Lighthouse album just like the one above and it was quite nice. Bulky, yes, but nice.

That burgundy/red looks quite nice, too.

• WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a hard times token that actually saw hard times!

Worn, a little pitted, a little wonky but still easily identifiable as the very popular HT70 L51 Hard Times Token featuring Andrew Jackson as a pirate

with a saber raiding a strong box and a donkey on the reverse.
    $13 OBO shipped or trade for an ounce of silver.
    NOW $12 shipped or trade!
    NOW $11 shipped or trade!
    Now $10 shipped or trade!

imageimage
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • themasterthemaster Posts: 676 ✭✭✭
    ttt

Have a Great Day!

Louis
    "If you would know the value of money, go and try to borrow some." Benjamin Franklin
  • cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1958 NGC MS67 Rainbow Toned Quarter - $100

1953-S PCGS MS65 Rattler 50c -$89

1989-P NGC MS65 PL 50c - $44

• UltraHighReliefUltraHighRelief Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terms-

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

7 day return privilege - buyer pays return shipping

Checks, money orders, Paypal gift accepted.

Any questions feel free to PM.

1937 D Mercury Dime PCGS MS-66 CAC Toned

A nice late date mercury dime with very pretty reddish toning on the obverse! A lot of coin for the money!

$100 shipped

1945 D Mercury Dime PCGS MS-65 Doily Holder

A nice late date mercury dime in a very desirable doily pcgs holder. Very affordable!

$80 shipped

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $98 +$2 shipping.....

1943D Doily

No fee PP or check, USPS MO

bobimage

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • 78saen78saen Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭
    1893 Columbian PCGS FR02 SOLD. USPS Money Order, Check or Paypal (you cover the paypal fees).

Positive Transactions, CharlotteDude, SpaceMonkey, pcgs69, LeeG, MICHAELDIXON, drddm, yellowkid, jmj3esq, colorcommem, CommemDude, lkeigwin, InYHWHWeTrust, ajaan, CoinAddict, CCC2010, coinsarefun, nibanny, scrapman1077, fivecents, erickso1, ibzman350, lakeshore and more.
  • gene1978gene1978 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭
    Eisenhower Dollar Whitman Coin Book with Coins $25 Shipped OBO

1999-2003 & 2004-2008 Dansco Statehood Quarter Albums New no coins $30 Shipped OBO

1904 Worlds Fair St. Louis Forestry Fish and Game $50 OBO

Lot OF 6 Lord's Prayer Elongated Pennies (one is on a 1919-S Wheat Penny $25 OBO

1934 Worlds Fair Chicago The Avenue of Flags Elongated Penny $20 OBO

Lot of 6 Misc. Elongated Pennies $10 OBO

1776-1976 200 Years of Independence Elongated Penny $5 OBO

The Cross of Jerusalem Elongated Penny (1946-S Wheat Penny) $5 OBO

Lot of 3 Elongated Pennies $5 OBOB
    GOOD BST DEALS: cohodk, mikescoins, GritsMan, spinaker2000,
    My Ebay Auctions
    ttt
  • BurksBurks Posts: 1,103
    ttt

Thanks to everyone who participates in this type of topic. It makes us lower end collectors able to enjoy quality coins at bargain prices.
    WTB: Eric Plunk cards, jersey (signed or unsigned), and autographs. Basically anything related to him

Positive BST: WhiteThunder (x2), Ajaan, onefasttalon, mirabela, Wizard1, cucamongacoin, mccardguy1

Negative BST: NONE!
    ttt