Home Precious Metals
Options

I was going to do a giveaway contest but...

then realized that we can't see when a post has been edited now. BOOO!

Does anyone have an idea how it could still be done without cheating with the new format now?
To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: piecesofme

Does anyone have an idea how it could still be done without cheating with the new format now?

We on forumcollectors.gov now bro...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not true! I just edited a post and it shows date edited and by whom. Only thing is it was edited at 9:46 PM which 6 hours from now.

See my second post in the MCM thread. Also note that I was able to start a paragraph here too, which it seems that some folks on these boards are having a tough time doing.

It looks like the edit thingy is hit or miss as to whether it will show or not. With the ability to delete posts, I'm more likely to delete a post and re-post it in altered form than I am to edit it
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: BAJJERFAN

Not true! I just edited a post and it shows date edited and by whom. Only thing is it was edited at 9:46 PM which 6 hours from now.

See my second post in the MCM thread. Also note that I was able to start a paragraph here too, which it seems that some folks on these boards are having a tough time doing.

It looks like the edit thingy is hit or miss as to whether it will show or not. With the ability to delete posts, I'm more likely to delete a post and re-post it in altered form than I am to edit it

yep, point taken. No way to be sure about it now. Wait a minute, what am I saying, no one on here would change/delete/edit their entry in a contest for their own benefit so that they could change the actual outcome win, would they??? image

• Options

yep, point taken. No way to be sure about it now. Wait a minute, what am I saying, no one on here would change/delete/edit their entry in a contest for their own benefit so that they could change the actual outcome win, would they??? image

I would hope not.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think an edit only doesn't show if edited within the first few minutes of making the post.

Edited 19 min later,,,,, does it show?

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by: GRANDAM

I think an edit only doesn't show if edited within the first few minutes of making the post.

Yah! You betcha!
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yah! You betcha!

Yes and other forums are set this way as well. Usually you have 1 to 2 minutes for editing before the Edit Line and Time display at the bottom of the post after an edit.

• Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    def is time stamped...depending on what you have in mind, could also PM you as an extra added step in security. To verify.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    Great ideas, I like the pm idea but that could be disputed by someone who just wants to F with me, it has to be a public thing that cannot be denied.

I guess if it timestamps 2 minutes after an edit if an edit is done and the rule is that all entries have to be in by Midnight and the end that determines the winner doesnt happen until 3 PM, that would work, right?
  • Options

Great ideas, I like the pm idea but that could be disputed by someone who just wants to F with me, it has to be a public thing that cannot be denied.

I guess if it timestamps 2 minutes after an edit if an edit is done and the rule is that all entries have to be in by Midnight and the end that determines the winner doesnt happen until 3 PM, that would work, right?

Or you could be like a college football official and just pick who you want to win regardless of the rules.image
  • Options

Or you could be like a college football official and just pick who you want to win regardless of the rules.image

lol, yeah that was beyond bad.
  • Options

lol, yeah that was beyond bad.

Regardless, I can't seem to muster any sympathy for Duke!
  • Options
    Originally posted by: VanHalen

Yah! You betcha!

Yes and other forums are set this way as well. Usually you have 1 to 2 minutes for editing before the Edit Line and Time display at the bottom of the post after an edit.

Edits can also show up immediately too.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just send all forum members a Morgan? THAT would be a giveaway.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    Originally posted by: cohodk

Why not just send all forum members a Morgan? THAT would be a giveaway.

Sure, take the lead on that since it was your idea. image