Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What's the oldest coin PCGS has put in a sample slab?

ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 14, 2017 4:38PM in U.S. Coin Forum
What's the oldest US coin (and the oldest dark side coin) that PCGS has put into a sample slab?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were Barber quarters in promo slabs last year.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In 2014 at Winter FUN they gave out 1914 Lincoln 1c coins. I have two of them since my boy was with me as my guest.

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: messydesk
    There were Barber quarters in promo slabs last year.

Sorry that I missed those!
    Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    UltraHighReliefUltraHighRelief Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a barber quarter also in a sample slab
  • Options
    Originally posted by: UltraHighRelief

I got a barber quarter also in a sample slab

What year? What denomination?
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the oldest both in a sample or Luncheon slab is the Liberty 5c.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Lakesammman

Cool
  • Options
    If anyone has an older Lib 5c in a sample or Barber in a Luncheon slab, sure would like to see it. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

If anyone has an older Lib 5c in a sample or Barber in a Luncheon slab, sure would like to see it. image

The Barber 25c I had (and sold) was dated 1914, but I think there were assorted dates distributed.
  • Options

You could be right. Here's a 1901 and a 1911 I found on Cameron's SampleSlabs.com site:

imageimage
  • Options
    UltraHighReliefUltraHighRelief Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: messydesk

The Barber 25c I had (and sold) was dated 1914, but I think there were assorted dates distributed.

I have a 1902 quarter in a ANA 2014 luncheon slab
  • Options
    Another Liberty nickel from Cameron - 1898 this time:

• Options
    WOW - cool - thanks for posting that one!!
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a 1912 Quarter.
  • Options
    Read in Schwagers book that the earliest Buff 5c is a 1913 Ty1 - I saw it go for a lot of money on ebay and didn't put 2 and 2 together until reading his book.

It was totally overlooked by most of us.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet !!! :-)
    Timbuk3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file