Home Sports Talk
Options

Paging Mr. Rose, Mr. Pete Rose....

I see Millar is in for Pete tonight....was it something he said last night that forced Fox to replace him? was he stuck in traffic again? Did Frank Thomas put a contract on him in the Big Apple?
flcardtrader@yahoo.com
Website
Shopify Store
Ebay Store

Comments

• Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    any news? i didnt see any
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps the bookie had to work him over a bit? LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    www.peterose.com had him signing autographs at the Mandalay Bay on 11/1 so I guess it was scheduled that he would be the grumpy old man on the broadcast team for the first 3 games and gone from the crew after that.

Strange, very strange.

Long live Pete and his cantankerous self!
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    hes more of a legend and popular with a new generation than if he did get in the hof
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't want to see the arrogant pr#ck, Aroid either.

Can't we get some better retired players than these two?
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    agreed..theyd lose a lot of respect with each yes vote
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Hey Joe, we agree on many things, but I don't see Rose as an arrogant p***k. I like the banter between him and Frank Thomas. To me, he's one of the more approachable players I've ever met.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I don't believe Rose deserves reinstatement, I have to agree he is a very entertaining and personable personality.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't mean his attitude on television. I meant his arrogance whenever I see him addressing his gambling/HOF issues. If he entertains you, great. Glad to hear he is approachable as well. He was one of my heroes back in the day, but no longer.

Maybe I am just a grumpy old man, but I don't like cheaters like A-Rod, guys like Rose who thought/thinks he is bigger than the game and I'll throw in Randy (I play when I want to play) Moss as well.

These guys all had tremendous talent and accomplished a lot, but they have NO humility. Funny that both of the baseball guys (probably) will never get in the Hall and they are what the network gives us.

I would rather not watch or listen to the likes of them, and change the channel as soon as they appear.

Speaking of Frank Thomas, I would like to see him as a commentator.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set