Home Sports Talk

American Pharoah

grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
What a performance by a truly magnificent horse. He's got to be ranked up there now as one of the few truly legendary all time great horses.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Comments

• robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 4, 2017 8:14AM

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wire to wire and pulling away from the big boys in the stretch was epic to watch

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    we're witnessing history but don't you retire him after last year and avoid risk of fatal injury
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: seebelow

we're witnessing history but don't you retire him after last year and avoid risk of fatal injury

I'm okay with the decision to run him a few more times. Racing is always risky but winning the Breeder's Cup was a chance at history I'm glad they took. He can rest easy now.

Secretariat ran 6 races after winning the Triple Crown in '73.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    hmm. thats a great trivia question...i didnt know that..,and surprised that i never ran across that info..times sure are different.....Now he can get ready for a great life in beautiful meadows and with beautiful mares. He def earned it.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    great horse it was fun to watch him run
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started