Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

If PSA would scan in the name of the submitter..

...would a card submitted by, say, 4SC, be worth less in the free market than that same card from another submitter?

Nick

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would that matter?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Would a pitch aimed at Zobrist's head be worth less than a pitch aimed at Escobar's head?
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    haywood jablome?
  • Options
    If a tree falls in a forest..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    "haywood jablome"

A team in my FF league uses that name.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    This thread went downhill in a hurry....

paging Mike Hunt....has anyone seen Mike Hunt?
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I see a timeout coming soon!~ LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Nick,

There are those who buy the card, not the holder and others who care only about the flip (mainly competitive registry folks).

If it is a worry for you, I *think* VCP tracks the seller of each card.

Best,

Patrick
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Pat!

It's not the seller I was wondering about, though. It's the submitter.

I read so often here about how 4SC receives liberal grading treatment, possibly because they're such a huge PSA account. I was wondering if buyers would pay less for their cards, for that reason alone.

But, as someone pointed out above, which I did not realize before I posted, this may not be a smart topic for this board, owned and run by PSA
  • Options
    I know there is this misconception that 4SC somehow has the benefit of a different grading scale, but frankly that just isn't the case, from my experience. I think it's just a matter of sample size~grade enough cards and you're bound to get some sliders, too.

• Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    No problem Nick. My *guess* is 4SC sells only what they submit. I agree with what grote says.

Patrick
  • Options
    Originally posted by: grote15

I know there is this misconception that 4SC somehow has the benefit of a different grading scale, but frankly that just isn't the case, from my experience. I think it's just a matter of sample size~grade enough cards and you're bound to get some sliders, too.

Agree with this. I have bought some really sharp, UNDERgraded cards from them at times.