Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2015 bowman chrome jumbo box

My son and I are picking up a box of 2015 jumbo today...although I'm not big into the modern stuff, it might be fun to try and get a rookie stud auto to turn around and just sell, haha.
"Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd

Comments

• SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭
    That's funny. My son and I are trying to figure out if we are going to do modern this year. He wants Bowman Chrome, which we never collected before. Let me know how it goes.
    Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • belzbelz Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    It was a blast...for sure going to do it again. Best card was a blue autograph card of Brett Phillips.
    "Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd
  • KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We do the same thing just because it is cheap. I sold some 2014 Bowman Chrome boxes recently, but still have 2-3 of 2014 and 4 boxes of 2012 left - Harper and Joc Pederson. What we did was buy a couple of Bryant BGS 9.5's and then the boxes - no desire to crush them on a rainy day.
  • SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭
    Blowout has Bowman Chrome, but the Hobby Cases are sold out, while the Jumbo (HTA's) are still available.

This doesn't make sense. The Hobby case has a higher cost per card, and less hits per box; while the jumbo has more hits and less cost per card.

What is the difference between these two cases and what does HTA stand for?

Thanks in advance
    Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Sdub
    what does HTA stand for?

Home Team Advantage, used on many Topps products though it's meaning can vary from year to year. I'm not sure what it references to in this case.