Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Significant poppage 1986 & 1987 Fleer Jordan Should I cross?

I thought everyone could appreciate the difficulty of this poppage
Set Name : 1987-88 Fleer
Player Name : Michael Jordan !
Date Graded : Friday, October 30, 2015
Centering Grade : 9.5
Corner Grade : 9.5
Edges Grade : 9.5
Surfaces Grade : 10.0
Autograph Grade : 0.0
Final Grade : 9.5

Set Name : 1986-87 Fleer
Player Name : Johnny Moore
Date Graded : Friday, October 30, 2015
Centering Grade : 9.0
Corner Grade : 9.5
Edges Grade : 9.5
Surfaces Grade : 9.5
Autograph Grade : 0.0
Final Grade : 9.5
It never leaves you...

Comments

• It wasn't supposed to be jumbled like that. I forgot to take a picture of the moore but it was from this lot... item number 262105242037 . Here's a picture of the Jordan...wasn't surprised at the 10 on surface as it was as white as white gets and outside of centering it's the biggest obstacle on this issue

It never leaves you...
    It never leaves you...
  • slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Those are a couple huge hits. Congratulations! I would try and cross both with a review (way too risky to try and crack and cross into PSA). I would think the MJ has a good chance to cross. I would think the Moore had a tougher time crossing to PSA 10 because of the centering. It's certainly worth the try on both though as they would gain even more value in PSA Gem holders (especially the Moore). Did you sub any other cards?
    Steve
  • I have a dozen or so more from each set that I have yet to submit. I put those together for a quick turnaround. I actually thought the centering was the easiest part about the Moore...as you can see from the picture it's pretty darn good. I think it's well within the guidelines in my opinion but I was curious as to what everyone else thought as it's quite a dilemma
    It never leaves you...
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all congratulations on nailing high grades on these cards from a raw purchase from any of the top three third party graders.

I didn't want to rain on your parade and ask why you didn't send them to PSA first since both cards sell for dramatically more in the same grade but since you asked I will comment.

You have absolutely nothing to lose since the price jump is $1,800 on the Jordan in a PSA 10 and with the last PSA 10 Johnny Moore selling for $10,000 even as much as $7,500 on that card.

You probably have a better chance on the Jordan since its price has escalated so dramatically in the past two years and isn't a super tough card but on the Johnny Moore it will be much more difficult to get PSA to hand you over a huge cash bonus.

The Johnny Moore card is possibly the highest 9 to 10 ratio that exists with a 100 fold increase so why not try a few times and just see what happens.

Either way once again nice score.

• Honestly I wanted to see what I was working with before the weekend. I got them late last week so the first chance I could ship them out was Monday. I expected the grades I got as they were extremely clean cards. They're both very qualified so I'll give it a shot
    It never leaves you...
  • Can anyone comment on what a BGS 10 Pristine 1987-88 Jordan would be valued at?
  • I pondered the same. There's 3 of them
    It never leaves you...
  • Would $15-20K be out of the question? PSA 10's are going for about $3K +/-
  • 49ersGuy49ersGuy Posts: 382 ✭✭
    wow. Never knew about the Johnny moore card before this thread. I checked in my 86-87 fleer and found one that is pretty flawless but a little off top to bottom. Corners razor sharp. Have a mullen from same set that has perfect centering and razor sharp. I'm pretty sure that has a solid chance for a 10.

Thanks for bring this to my attention!