Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2008 Topps Update - Baseball History T-Cards

I was lucky to pull one of these from a box I ripped but I cannot seem to find much information on these cards and would like to learn more about the insertion rates and the selection used for the inserts.

I did see another board member who had one, carved it out of the housing and submitted to PSA as a T-Card.

Does anyone know anything about these or what they are commonly databased as so I can look for them on Ebay, etc?

I will edit the post and upload a picture later but my hosting provider's FTP server is down so I cannot easily get an image loaded at this time.

Thanks for your input.

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
Website
Shopify Store
Ebay Store

Comments

• Options
    Actually I believe that Mayo one is from the Topps Mayo football product.I believe flcardtrader is referring to the Topps Baseball History buybacks.There's not much info on them,other than about 1:1,400 packs,and no checklist that I'm aware of.I use the original value and maybe a slight multiplier as a buyback to determine value.Never had any issue doing it that way.
    I really like serious people.
  • Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    Thanks TNT - those are the ones I was wondering about.

At 1:1400 packs, that easily makes it the best pull I have ever had.

I have looked for more on Ebay but never thought about using the term "buyback" or "framed" - which makes sense.

Thanks for that direction.
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    Not a problem at all! Framed or buyback is the best way to search.Beckett doesn't recognize them individually,only the original card.I would think you could cut it out,if you wanted to,and send it in for grading.The newer buybacks are stamped on card,but those framed ones aren't,to my knowledge.I've pulled some plates and refractors,ect. at those odds or better,but would trade pulling most for pulling some of those framed buybacks.
    I really like serious people.
  • Options
    Pulling a prewar card is unbelievable! Congrats!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Congrats, although I don't think I can help you much with your question. Who did you get?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Player and back of the card will be key as well.
  • Options
    I finally got online this morning with a new hosting provider. Hopefully their FTP server is more reliable. Here is the card I pulled.

It was a great experience as my son and I were busting the box a few years ago. He pulled the Kershaw RC....I pulled this one.
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    wow...bet that was cool with your son

congrats

Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    Good call on the trim comment - I plan on keeping it as is.

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Either way that a sweet card.