Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Advice on removing authentication sticker from a raw card?

Bought this card on eBay a few days ago for my 1986 Fleer Update autograph set. The listing stated it would come with a COA which it did. The part I didn't like was the company put their own sticker on the back of the card. This wasn't mentioned in the listing and only one picture of the front of the card. Whenever I send the set off to get slabbed I'd rather not have the sticker on the back. I tried to peel it off but it chips away piece by piece. So is there a safe way to remove it or just leave it? FYI the card was already creased.

Comments

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easiest way to remove it is to use this card as a place-holder in your collection until you locate a better copy. I don't like the sticker on the back either, but I do prefer it to the paper loss that will occur if it is removed.

• Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    don't. psa doesn't down grade because of it. but they will if there is paperloss.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    thank god it's on the back as I have seen them on the front....

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    LaValliere is quite known around these parts for having a crease and he finds no problem finding his way into a PSA slab.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    There's no good way to remove them that I know of. If you do, it'll damage the card.
  • Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    I see you are a member of Star Tiger and wanted to point you to a recent success for another user who received his autograph at Pirates Fantasy Camp in Pirate City this past January. Perhaps he is a regular at Pirates Spring Training and a board member from Tampa could help you obtain a better copy?
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with everyone else that it will be risky to take it off. However, if you are dead set on attempting it, heat it up with a hair dryer and slowly try to roll it off with your finger.
  • Options
    jmlabonnerjmlabonner Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone! I will keep it as is and wait for another copy to show up!

John
  • Options
    jmlabonnerjmlabonner Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: flcardtrader
    I see you are a member of Star Tiger and wanted to point you to a recent success for another user who received his autograph at Pirates Fantasy Camp in Pirate City this past January. Perhaps he is a regular at Pirates Spring Training and a board member from Tampa could help you obtain a better copy?

Yes you are correct I am a long time member. I will definitely take that advice. I had no idea he might hangout around the training facility during that period. Thanks!

John
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would just leave it on too

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.