Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Received my new custom card case yesterday with photos w/ Mantle photos

A few weeks back I mentioned I had a custom case made for my PSA cards, and I ordered a second one with some new interior specs and custom tray. The case is the same size as my previous one - SKB 9x7x4 in the interior with the outer case being a little larger. The case is extremely sturdy and I can stand on my larger one with no problems.

This new one I did the following interior to hold and show cards. Bottom case holds 8 cards in each basin with finger holds to access the cards for a total of 16 cards.

Top tray holds two cards - one in each slot and the storage area is recessed so the cards are protected. Also, the tray acts as a barrier between the two areas and can conceal the bottom level. It can also be flipped over to create one large storage area that holds a total of 20-22 PSA cards.

I have a large wheeled case that I used at last years National that I picked up from 70ToppsFanatic which is the same brand case (SKB), and the one I got from him is awesome - great quality and extremely sturdy.

Hope you enjoy the photos.

Case with tray removed

Case with tray inserted on top

Full case with tray and insert included - close up of finger holes.

Comments

• Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Awesome looking case. Any outside shots? And what else do I see hidden under there? Looks like the trays were cut with a perfect fit. Haven't seen anything like it.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not much hidden in there - I think there is a 56 Mays PSA 8, some Aaron's, some Ryan's, Bench, Rose, Mantles... Here is a photo of the outside of the case. I now have a total of 3 of them and love them. 70Topps hooked me up with my first one last year, and these two I found by accident looking for a gun case and stumbled upon them and the place that makes custom foam inserts.

• Options
    Thanks. I like the overall appearance of the case. And it looks like it could take some abuse. Is that the contact info you used on the outside of the case? Or could you PM or post the info if you don't mind? I would think the cost is right around that of a gun case.

If and when you have time. No big hurry at all.

Congrats. those are sweet looking cases.
  • Options
    It is hard to read so if you need I can send the info to you - case is upstairs so I will get it later. Cases are at any outdoor store like Cabela's or Field and Stream -this size runs about $65. Same case from the Case Club with foam was about $130 with custom foam. Great service and if you like this one my template is already on file with them. I believe my orders are the first baseball card order cases they have done. Please let me know what you need to help out.

KC
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks very secure. Very similar to a pelican case

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    Yes. Same exact case type as a Pelican. I can stand on the larger one at 230#+. Might not do it with a Wagner or Mantle rookie inside image
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hiya Keith

Geez that's one sweet case!

Those cards are well protected.
    Mike
  • Options
    KC...Perfect...i can make out the print on the case. and with the info you just gave i should be able to take it from there. I may ask about that template....great idea to customize for the centerpieces.....thanks for the info.
  • Options
    When you contact them ask for Justin - he is the one that handled my two orders and designs and can help you out. The case model is an SKB 0907 with polyethylene foam insert. If you need anything else please let me know.

KC
  • Options
    belzbelz Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    KC, very cool man!!!1
    "Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd