Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Received my first COMC purchase..

And I am happy. No pictures needed as I received cards in sleeves in a box.

Eventhough it took time to zoom in on every card I bought (100+), it definitely beats not knowing what youre getting from bulk sellers like I had in my last three orders (at least 40% of orders were below grade).

Going forward, I will try to get all my raw card needs from COMC before ebay or bulk sellers who use stock photos.

Comments

• Options
    I didnt mind COMC, but no longer go there due to the fact that I have to scroll through a ton of 3x overpriced cards from a partnership with a certain user that does not even to keep their cards in COMC possession.
    Current T206 Needs: (Updated 9/11/17)

LaJoie Portrait 3+, Cy Young Bare Hand 3+

Ty Cobb Bat Off 4+, ANY Red & Green Portrait

• Options
    ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    When you do your search, just sort them by lowest price and that should exclude that seller, right?

Originally posted by: wilkiebaby11
    I didnt mind COMC, but no longer go there due to the fact that I have to scroll through a ton of 3x overpriced cards from a partnership with a certain user that does not even to keep their cards in COMC possession.

• Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Exactly

I used to buy quite a bit there but after Dean started listing on the site, it just got too time consuming to wade through his listings to find a few good deals.

I was surprised that COMC allowed him to do this, especially since they don't even hold his cards.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I've been buying there for the past 3ish years. I'm always happy with the service and the scans make it easy to pick out high quality cards. I don't mind the higher prices on some because the offer feature makes up for it. Occasionally you run into a richardhead seller but that's no different than anywhere else.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats! I've always been pleased with my purchases from there as well.

Is there a way to filter out specific sellers to avoid the problems others have mentioned? I'm guessing they're referring to the same Deans from eBay, so likely only vintage is affected? I haven't noticed any clutter in searches for my modern player collections.

• Options
    ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    Your guess is right on the seller.

To my knowledge, you can't filter out sellers, but they are listed along the left side and you can click each seller to only display their cards. You can filter "in" sellers, but not exclude (except in case of the seller mentioned, you can sort by low price and you know you want see any of his cards).

Originally posted by: LarkinCollector

Congrats! I've always been pleased with my purchases from there as well.

Is there a way to filter out specific sellers to avoid the problems others have mentioned? I'm guessing they're referring to the same Deans from eBay, so likely only vintage is affected? I haven't noticed any clutter in searches for my modern player collections.