Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Need some help on eBay shipping question

So a buyer bought two of my cards as BIN/BO and paid for both immediately, which is great. The problem is that I didn't have a shipping discount in place so he paid shipping for both already. I am happy to ship both in separate boxes to the buyer. I usually buy postage for my sold items directly from the eBay seller page and the tracking loads automatically and everything is good. I could obviously do that here.

My question is, if I were to combine the two cards in one box is there a way for me as a seller to combine the two items now so the same label is automatically uploaded for both items? I know I can manually enter the tracking number for the second card if I were to ship both in one box. My only concern is if there is a dispute if the buyer can say I only received one card and not both. Both cards are over $750 so I need signature tracking on both cards. What is the best way to ship the cards to protect myself?

And yes, if I were to ship both cards in one package I would refund the buyer the second shipping charge. Thanks for your help.
Steve

Comments

• Options
    You can ship them together with one tracking number. Use signature confirmation and manually upload it. The worry that the buyer could claim that only one card was in the package is no different than any regular situation: the buyer can always claim that they got a package but no cards were contained within. If you follow eBay and PayPal's procedures, you are protected against that. And, yes, definitely refund the overpayment for shipping.
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Casey!
    Steve