Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

1715 Stolberg 2/3 Thaler

Hello all,

Decided to finally post on here, I have been lurking for quite a bit and love the coins posted here in the world and ancients area...

Here is one I just got back from PCGS:

(I hope I figured out to post it correctly, still need to figure out exactly how this message board works!)

I (try) to focus on Canada 5 Cent Silvers and German Notgeld tokens, but I am a bit of a sucker for nicely toned silver pieces from around the world...

Anyways, I am glad I recognize a few of the names of the members here, and am a big fan of the 'box of 20' you guys do here!

Justin Meunier

Boardwalk Numismatics

Comments

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah! There you are! I was just suggesting you introduce yourself after I read your first post!

Box of 20? You're playing the song that's at the top of MY charts these days! image

Don't feel bad about the learning curve. We're all in the same boat there, due to the recent software change.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
    PS- lovely coin, and TrueView! image

I wouldn't throw that outta my Box o' Twenty, for sure!

As a matter of fact, I have been wanting to add something "thalerish" in there for a while, but will probably go 16th century for that.

Still, I do like so many of the 18th century German States coins like what you just posted.

I love it when the lurkers come out to play in the sunshine.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a very nice start especially as Talers are dear to my heart. Welcome!
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello jdmern and image
  • IosephusIosephus Posts: 872 ✭✭✭
    Great looking coin, and welcome!
  • worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Great piece jdmern! Welcome to the forum - I look forward to seeing more posts.
  • 1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Justin,

Welcome to the darkside! Glad you finally decided to join the fun. There is at least one notgeld collector here. And a few Canada nuts, like me.

I've known Justin for several years from the local CT shows. He knows his stuff.

Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    Very nice, I love the Stolberg Stag.
    Here is a nice new custom avatar for you. image

If you would like to use a different coin or background color, let me know.

If you like it, you can save it to your computer and upload it on your profile page.

I set the background to that faint light blue that is the default background for everyone using the standard color settings on the site. So anyone using that setting will see it as a borderless image, with only your coin visible.

Others who have custom color schemes (I use the green, for example) will see your avatar as a square, but the default blue background is pretty subtle and blends well regardless.

Of course I realize you didn't ask for it and may have better skills than I at doing this sort of stuff. Someone who can do transparent backgrounds can make it so that avatar will be "borderless" no matter what color scheme it is viewed under.

PS- Zohar- your new avatar is lookin' snazzy! image

("Vegetable Man" was cool and creepy at the same time.) image

• jdmernjdmern Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    Awesome! Thanks a ton lordmarcovan, it would have taken me VERY long to figure that out!

Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone, Gene has talked you guys up for a long time!

Justin Meunier

Boardwalk Numismatics

• marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
      Welcome!!

..but did Gene mention you need to send us all a gift when you join?

That stag will do for me personally

P.S. does anyone know how to not have sentences run? Darn ..can't get normal paragraphs anymoreimage