Happy new start!

Burns

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3

Comments

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

I don't like the new log in demand before each reply. In my case it takes away the possibility to get rid of these horrible caps in my username. This takes me back all the way to April-May 2003, when cosmicdebris did my registration on my behalf, and not myself. I've sent him what he asked, I've used caps to make the username clearer to him and he took it litterally. So everytim I wanted to avoid it in a reply, all I had to do was log out and re-log in with no caps in my username.

Coinkat used to be the only other member that at times had fun with his, by mixing caps and no caps.

If anyone has a solution to suggest fire away.

Edited to add: does it look like an egg to you too, instead of a circle?

Of course I got rid of whatever was on the left side, but stil.... (HMMMMM<-------insert appropriate emoticon because I can't yet)</p>

Here's an image of a beloved coin certified by our hosts: Ionian islands 1857 PCGS MS67, key date of the series and top pop by 3-4 grades at the very least. Ex-Gus Pappas.

image from PCGS website

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    sylsyl Posts: 902 ✭✭✭
    Your coin image never came through
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

How can I get back what was on the left side? How can I see if I have a PM?

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Click the LEFT ARROW thingy - sud work, the PM is the first line.

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the image either

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options

The 2nd BLACK BAR from the top has a left arrow emoticon all the way on the LEFT side.

Unless on some computers it's not coming up..

• Options

Originally posted by: marcmoish The 2nd BLACK BAR from the top has a left arrow emoticon all the way on the LEFT side. Unless on some computers it's not coming up..

thanks
    =Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award 4/28/2014=
  • Options

Originally posted by: syl Your coin image never came through

It did and still does show up to me guys, albeit like an egg, rather than a real circle.

Let me give it one more try.

I'm switching to a different image from photobucket, hopefully smaller in size.

edited to add: replaced the LARGE ionian with another Truview uploaded at photobucket. I've also added "image description", whatever this serves.

Can you see this copper coin?

Trueview but uploaded from photobucket

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options

I'll try the smaller size too. Wish we had the choice to choose between old and new....

You gotta be able to see this. I've added "image description" this time, cause the system warned me that if I don't, it might take away the possinility of seeing some parts by some members according to their settings.

Never thought it would have made the image disappear, so I added image from PCGS website in "IMAGE DESCRIPTION", whatever this means.

Small one works fine. Big one still no real circle at the top, so I've switched to the medium size.

image from PCGS webste

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dimitri - 1) Stay with Farouk 2) That Ionian coin is one of the nicest coins I have ever seen - mesmerizing to say the least.
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

I like Farouk!

If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael! Look at the time of your post! image
  • Options

Originally posted by: asheland Michael! Look at the time of your post! image

3:33 pm?

How can I find my PMs???? This is driving me nuts guys. Old and new ones. Any help will be appreciated. image

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a Private Messages link at the top left side bar. If you don't see it, your sidebar is probably hidden and you can expand it by clicking on the box with a < symbol at the top left of the forum.
  • Options
    Thank you Roman. I had removed it, when I was at first trying to post images and find out why they looked like eggs. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    Is there any particular reason that the lights of the members that are logged in are all off too?
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    I fixed the time on my settings, so it no longer shows 3:33. image
  • Options
    This new software takes some getting used to, but I'm liking it! image
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep the King!

I would miss your icon, but then I am so sentimental that I'm still using my 20 year old AOL email account even though I never use AOL itself anymore.

I wonder if the mods could modify your account to make it so it's not all-caps for you.

• Options

They can't Cathy, I've asked, but it's really no big deal. Do you know how many times I've thought of you lately? For reasons that you know, I feel obliged and it's been over 4 months that I'm looking to find the appropriate gift for you.

BTW, thank you guys for your comments, but I never really intended to change my icon. It says clearly on the subtitle, this is a testing thread, just not on the testing forum.I was testing the poll ability of the new platform. Still, it was nice to hear your comments.

If I ever changed Farouk, it would be for another Farouk that Zohar posted, a pretty image from a B/W Life. But it only looks good in real size.

Life image

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options

this will take some getting used to for most but overall its great!

One thing I notice you will need to go to the NEXT page more often unless I missed something. That's a minor pain but that's life.

• Options
    Oops am I in the wrong thread? image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

Farouk is fine, but another (numismatic) one would be OK, too.

This is my first Darkside post under the new format.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.