Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

James Brown Junior Had a Farm

E I E I O

Over thirty years of agricultural honor.
Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD

Comments

• Options
    dadamsdadams Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    That is quite an impressive stable of earned medals!
  • Options
    IosephusIosephus Posts: 872 ✭✭✭
    Nice group! The horses on those 1845 and 1846 medals look great (and with an interesting tree in the background).
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's some very nice material. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent!

All that hard effort rewarded in fine style.
    Great post.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    Wonderful group of medals! This seems to be a case where the completeness/extent of the set would add materially to the interest. Any bio material about farmer Brown? He certainly seems to have had good success over a number of years. Congrats!

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot find anything reliable. In fact, when I accessed Transactions of the Highland and Agricultural Society of Scotland, it appeared that there may be more than one James Brown. Though why would these medals be together, if it was not the same man? Same individual, but more than one farm?
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    Perhaps a father and son or other near relation.
    Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

"Oh Good God, Ha!"
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com