Home Sports Talk
Options

Now that the Yankees have been eliminated....

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
....the television broadcasting networks are once again faced with possible low TV ratings for the upcoming World Series. Their preferred matchup would of been Dodgers/Yankees due to population market share. But at least the Dodgers,Cards,Cubs,Mets, are in the mix. Not so sure how strong the AL team market will be.
Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• Options
    It is a shame though with 97 or 96 wins.
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think one thing that would help would be earlier start times. I'm a Yankee fan and I only watched 7 innings last night (Admittedly this was partially due to the time and partially because I didn't feel the feeble offense was capable of scoring three runs in 2 innings). Of course, the start times is only an East Cost problem.
    Daniel
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    lets go bucs!
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The inept Yankee team gets waxed at home, with a paltry 3 hit effort. Even the ARod got booed for choking with men on base...the combined total of hits by their "go to guys", ARod, McCann and Gardner managed to go a whopping 0-12. To be fair, Gardner got the boo-birds cranked up as the Bronx faithful sadly watched the sand slip through the hourglass and their October moment get lost in a Fall night.

Since 2001, the Yankees have lost 11 out of 12 postseason appearances, having won the WS in 2009. From what I read, 2016 ain't lookin' much better, I'm glad my last name isn't Cashman.

As a lifelong Red Sox fan I say big congrats to the Astros...imageimage

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It is a shame though with 97 or 96 wins. >>

Or 87. You don't count the spring training games.
  • Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Its a terrible shame that one of the two best teams in baseball this year will be ending their season after tonight. Pirates and Cubs are great teams. Best 3 teams are in the same division.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't have happened to a better team image
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    I was at the game last night, and had a great time wandering around Monument Park and the Yankee Museum. Here are a few pics:

• Options
    Thanks for the correction. The point of the post was missed. It wasn't to point out the direct number of wins. Just that it was a very good team. I must have misheard the number.
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MCMLVTopps, you do know the Sawx finished dead last, right?image
    Daniel
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daniel...I gave up on the Red Sox long ago...like May 9th, as evidenced by my following post. Doesn't bother me in the least, but, I know you Yankee fans need to obscure your team's dismal failure.

Saturday May 09, 2015 6:36 AM (NEW!)

Well, I'm just about out of words...

The Red Sox team is in total disarray, they aren't even competitive and at this point are rapidly becoming the joke of the AL East, if not MLB.

Yet another SEVEN RISPs that get stranded. Oh, while I'm at it...wonder boy went 0-4, and 0-2 with RISPs...batting a PALTRY .111. So please, don't tell me how great he is, or that he changed water into wine in High School. He is nothing but a mediocre catcher, no more, no less.

Time for me to check out for a while...this is just really a total waste of time. How these guys can accept their insane paychecks every other Monday for what they do on the field is a mystery to me. Just google Red Sox salaries 2015 and do the math...6 months of playing baseball about 3 hours a day...blah, blah. INSAAAAAAAAAAAANNNE. I'm thinking Cherington and Farrell should follow Nieves...always the low level guy that gets gelded. This is what you get when you pay up front for future performance. DUMB, DUMB, DUMBER.

OK, you heard it here first...Turn out the lights...the parties over

I'm goin bass fishin with my buds and slam down some brewskies.

• Options
    You can't win them all. But you can win the most image