Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

What's up with this forum?

ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
In the

<< <i>What was the single best decision you made in your collecting interests in the last 10 years? >>

thread it says syl made a reply, but I can't see it. I only see the replies on page 1. image The last reply I can see is by JCMhouston.

DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you manually edit the query string of the thread's URL,you can see the post. It seems to break when a new page is started until the next post is made. Here's a link to it directly: Page 2

I never would have thought I'd need to use my engineering experience to browse a forum image
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    Huh, I though I was just special and got to have the final word, now SmEagle has disabused me of that notion.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If you manually edit the query string of the thread's URL,you can see the post. It seems to break when a new page is started until the next post is made. Here's a link to it directly: Page 2

I never would have thought I'd need to use my engineering experience to browse a forum image >>

I wonder if I've been immune to this because I use customized page settings rather than the default? I use 100 threads per page and 100 replies per thread. I also prefer the green color scheme, so any time I see the forums in basic blue, I know I'm not logged in.

PS- sadly, I have NOT been immune to the captchas, including the defective ones that don't work even after you enter the correct code. (Worse yet, sometimes they don't even give me a space to type the code.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    it's been running on duct tape and paperclips for a good 5 years now
    =Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award 4/28/2014=
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SmEagle1795 - I see an opportunity here of getting coin forums to embrace technology and enhance usage ... Most are still using web technologies from prior decade.
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    For once, Zohar is incorrect, I believe. I do not think this technology exists anywhere outside of this forum, or past 1999.
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nick... I was being gentle here in generalizing to antagonize the hosts image

Fact is that in spite of these technological hurdles we all still hang out here!

• Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    I do appreciate a place to hang out. I would just rather hang out with you guys with something better than the website version of two cans and a string.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya or image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    you folks know there are facebook groups like this now right?

I don't think anything officially sanctioned by PCGS but yea
    =Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award 4/28/2014=