Home U.S. Coin Forum

5X eBay Bucks. What did you get? I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.

UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
I don't usually get too excited when eBay runs a 5x eBay Bucks promotion. I had a little too much time on my hands yesterday and wound buying a couple of PCGS coins. Now I've got $300 in eBay Bucks to blow on something else. Here's mine, let's see yours.

1942/1

1937 D 3 Leg

1916 D
I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.

Comments

• FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coins. I searched diligently for something to buy but found nothing I had to have.
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Key dates! Looks like you picked up some nice pieces that I will have to look at later, my work computer does not allow certain sites.

I guess you could call these "recent purchases with eBay bucks", although these are not the actual images (I will post those later) this is a great representation of the differences in the 2014 Britannia Series with the Original and Mule Obverse {Fehlpragung = Error (loose translation)} (notice the denticles difference, cog-style (left) versus micro (right - Year of the Horse))) I picked up one of each...perhaps I should get one of those Two Coin slabs from PCGS. image

Gold DE.com
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll post some pics when the piece arrives...should be here in a few days.
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought something but forget to activate the 5X offer. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭
    I see "best offer" is eligible for the bonus bucks. I think there was a time that it wasn't. I will keep that in mind in the future as there were a couple coins I would have shot an offer on but thought the bonus didn't work on those.
    Nice pick ups.
  • ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Four certified Major Error Coins, thanks again eBay.
  • streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This offer came right at the end of the quarter. I thought ebay bucks were issued near the beginning of the calender quarter and were good for 30 days. Is this correct?

I'm planning my Christmas ebay war games now. image
    Have a nice day
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great pick ups! image
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done, Wes! image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:

<< <i>This offer came right at the end of the quarte(r). I thought ebay bucks were issued near the beginning of the calender quarter and were good for 30 days. Is this correct? >>

As far as I know, today would be the last day of this eBay bucks quarter and would be generated within a few days.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This offer came right at the end of the quarter. I thought ebay bucks were issued near the beginning of the calender quarter and were good for 30 days. Is this correct? >>

Ebay Bucks to spend are issued at the beginning of the quarter and are good for 30 days. These are the Ebay Bucks you earned in the immediate prior quarter.

Ebay Bucks are earned throughout the quarter. There is usually a flurry of enhanced Ebay Bucks offers towards the end of the quarter (ostensibly to beef up sales numbers for Ebay). They can also occur randomly throughout the quarter, but as of the past couple years, there seems to be a flurry of them in the final month of any given quarter.
  • coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>This offer came right at the end of the quarter. I thought ebay bucks were issued near the beginning of the calender quarter and were good for 30 days. Is this correct? >>

Ebay Bucks to spend are issued at the beginning of the quarter and are good for 30 days. These are the Ebay Bucks you earned in the immediate prior quarter.

Ebay Bucks are earned throughout the quarter. There is usually a flurry of enhanced Ebay Bucks offers towards the end of the quarter (ostensibly to beef up sales numbers for Ebay). They can also occur randomly throughout the quarter, but as of the past couple years, there seems to be a flurry of them in the final week of any given quarter. >>

FIFY. image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    I decided to drive the price of gold down
    Apmex listed these in coin category so they were Bucks eligible and below spot after the $100 (at least at yesterday's spot price)

• morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every Washington Quarter that I need when these promotions come up is either ugly, or nobody has one to sell for a very reasonable price.image So I settled for a 5oz Bullion Glacier National Park ATB that was listed in the coins listings.image
    Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • LogPotatoLogPotato Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭✭
    If I ever get one of those Xx offers, I will share. image
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing I "needed" was available in my current dollar range considering my current focus right now
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife and I got $623 in ebay bucks.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All cool coins! I have always wanted a 42/1 Mercury . I would sit at a table when I was a kid and go through a $50.00 bag of Mercs my dad would bring home from the bank, just looking for that coin. I never found one and I have never in my life owned one.image
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    Bought this on the cheap, plus 10% back in eBay bucks. Cracked out of NGC holder, want to guess the grade (I know it's World, but what the hay)?

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought a couple of MS 1940 and 40-D nickels for a birth year set, nothing fantastic.
    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
    Here are the Britannias that I mentioned;

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't show you anything because I didn't get the 5X ebay bucks and never have gotten anything extra.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file