Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1971-D Kennedy Rusted Die

WindycityWindycity Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
Found this in a mint set... interesting rusted die around mint mark. In the Morgan world, this would be a major VAM!!

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mullencoins.com">Mullen Coins Website - Windycity Coin website

Comments

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    Someday, the Kennedy's will have their own VAM style of collectors. I know of a couple right now but to get the National attention that the Morgans enjoy, will take a lot more than 4 folks!

Those marks around the mintmark remind me of the 1970-D Kennedy's with similar marks on the reverse fields.

Of course, theirs always the Lathe Line Kenney's (1990-D):

And then there's the 1964-D with the "die-crazing":

And let's not for get about the 2001 Kennedy with suck a severe die crack I through the reverse that it created a concave coin!

There are always lots and lots of different things which can happen to the larger coins.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    BustHalfBrianBustHalfBrian Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

<< <i> In the Morgan world, this would be a major VAM!!
    >>

"Major VAM"? That's kind of a stretch, IMO. Some of the most dramatically worn, cracked, rusted Morgan Dollar dies are actually among the most common varieties for the date.
    Lurking and learning since 2010. Full-time professional numismatist.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file