Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Top Pop Registry Ticket Question

I recently picked up the only Full ticket to the game that Hank Aaron got his 3000th hit. It is the only Full ticket ever graded to date and is a PSA 5. I noticed that when I put it in my Registry set, I didn't get the "Top Pop Bonus" as it said that there was one ticket graded higher. That one ticket is a PSA 7 stub. The Full ticket has a point value of 80 and the stub is valued at 36 points towards the registry totals. How is the stub a better ticket than the full ticket?? I did ask PSA the same question and this is what I got in return.

Hi Jason,

You are correct. The ticket sets take into consideration the complete pop; Full and Stub, they do not distinguish between the two for top pop bonus.
I understand, and empathize. Unfortunately, that is the case. If the set calls for bonus points for Full tickets, you would still earn those in the calculations.

Does this seem right to any of you ticket collectors out there? I know I got the additional points for the full ticket, but it is also the best ticket there is from this particular game. Should they give "Top Pop Bonus" points to Full tickets and Stubs too??

Any input would be great.

JasonText

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should they give "Top Pop Bonus" points to Full tickets and Stubs too??

According to their explanation, no. That would require a separation of full tickets and stubs into two separate sets.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I understand their premise that the top graded ticket get the Top Pop Bonus, but when it is not the best ticket, the highest point valued ticket should receive the bonus. I think their points system is flawed.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as the set allows both full tickets and stubs, the bonus points will be awarded to the highest graded example, according to the rules of the set registry. The best ticket is a subjective assessment. For that matter, the "best" card or pack is not always the highest graded example, either.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.