Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

What to do with fake coins?

I have a bunch of fake Chinese Candareens, what should I do with them, use them as paper weights, melt them down? Also have a fake '32 Cuban peso.

Comments

• Options
    coffeycecoffeyce Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    unfortunately not much. most you can do is keep at a discussion piece or let the kids play with them.i have about 4 Chinese coins that are the same and 3 of the sycee yuan bao.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could be made into jewelry pieces or mounted in a lucite paperweight or tabletop, or some similar kind of craft project, I guess.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Display as your collection, keeping the real coins tucked away or even better in a Safe Deposit Box.
  • Options
    You could use them to show to other collectors the difference between a real coin and the fake coin. Not everyone is as adept at telling the difference as some of our esteemed colleagues.image I keep them to show to my non collecting friends who think that all of my coins are valuable .
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py