Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Baldwin's #97 Auction....anyone watch or bid?

I was wondering if anyone watched or bid?

I did and won 4 ........One I wanted went for very strong money, almost gave up as I could here the other
bidder in the room jumping the bid by $200-300 a wack.

Comments

• Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I viewed the catalog, and there were a handful of items I was interested in. I didn't bother bidding or watching along. Seems most of the stuff in the Baldwin sales goes for silly money nowadays. Oh well.
    -Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't my area of interest but these were some non-pareil specimens on sale. I really wish I could have gotten one - though do have a few bits from the famous "basement" from the old establishment at the Embankment....
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    I left bids on 2 tokens and it appears that I won both. I watched for a small period of time and it appeared that many were hammering in or near the spread listed.
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm