Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Couple of new Baylor Bear items I picked up...

I've been wanting both of these items for a while now, probably a couple years or so. I'm pretty picky about my autographs, and really wanted the "right" Goudey to go with it.

Well, I finally was able to pull the trigger in the last few weeks. Found the baseball in one of the online auctions, won the Goudey on eBay.

The baseball has dual authentication actually, PSA/DNA and JSA so pretty pleased about that. Lyons didn't really sign that many baseballs from what I can tell, and they're frequently toned when they do pop up.

I felt like this "3" was a really nice looking card, I had passed or been outbid I don't know how many times in the past 6 months on both raw and graded ones, but I wanted nice centering and great color - rounded corners didn't necessarily matter as long as the eye appeal was there. I was actually negotiating on a "5" in Chicago, but the seller wouldn't budge and I just had to walk away. Really glad I did now.

Lyons played baseball for the Bears from 1919 to 1923, there's a good article here about him.
Lyons at Baylor

Earlier this year I also contacted the Hall of Fame as they had a minor error in his Hall of Fame write-up, which they promptly corrected. That was kind of cool actually to correspond with the Hall, I've never been but plan to go sometime soon with my son.

Anyway, was excited to get the Goudey yesterday so thought I'd share.

Comments

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking 3. Congrats.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    what was the error the HOF made? i assume it wasn't on his placque

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

<< <i>what was the error the HOF made? i assume it wasn't on his placque

IMF >>

No, not on the plaque. In one of the paragraphs, they referred to another player for something Lyons had done. Just a minor screw up on the use of a pronoun and verb. Was no big deal really, but it did change the attribution to him.