Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I Think I Was Ripped Off....

Hey Guys,

So I purchase a card off of Ebay for $47.89, nothing expensive. It gets delivered today by the Post Office with a different Tracking Number than what the seller gave me (albeit only one number was different). I open the yellow envelope and there is a top loader wrapped in a loose sheet of bubble wrap without a card in it. I question the seller and this is the response I get:

"No, the card was definitely in there. I packaged that one myself. It was in a top loader, then wrapped in the invoice and then wrapped in bubble wrap. The envelope should have been folded over in half with shipping tape on all 4 sides of the shipping label."

I then tell the seller that the invoice was not in the envelope, the envelope was not folded over and there is no packing tape. I also tell the seller that she currently has the same exact card up for auction. The card was a 2 of 5 so it had to be the same card. This is the response I get:

"Actually the one listed is a copy/paste error and I will remove it. I definitely packaged this card. There have been issues at my post office over the last month, so someone may have tamprered with it. Every card we send includes an invoice. I'm sure it was insured, so as soon as you can get me the picture I can file a claim for it."

Sure enough, the auction is immediately ended. I'm asked to send pictures, so I do. I point out that the pictures show no fold of the envelope and that no packing tape was used when the seller said the envelope should have been folded and packing tape used, after all she said she was the one who packaged it. The response:

"OK, thank you very much. I use Stamps.com for mailing and one of the things I don't like on what they do is that they indicate on the label if the package is insured. I ship hundreds of packages throughout the week, and I'm afraid that perhaps a postal worker tampered with the envelope because it said it was insured indicating it is worth more. I did verify that the package was insured."

I don't like accusing anyone of wrong doing, but I just feel the seller feels she didn't get enough money for the card. After all, it was a 2 of 5. I'm sure I'll get my money back, but I really want the card.

What do you guys think?
Love '83 Topps. Looking to put together a PSA 10 set.

Comments

• Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭
    get the refund, move on
  • Options

<< <i>get the refund, move on >>

Exactly. No need to deal with an ethical seller.

Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona.

-George F. Will
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

+1
  • Options
    JWBlueJWBlue Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    I have not encountered a situation like this.

Are some ebay sellers brazen enough to try and pull something like this?

What is the sellers feedback score?
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Exactly. No need to deal with an ethical seller. >>

They're the worst.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also hate dealing with ethical sellers

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    It's like, doesn't anyone not have any ethics anymore?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

They're the worst. >>

LMAO!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

They're the worst. >>

LMAO!! >>

Haha! Sorry fellas, I left out an important part of the word unethical. I need a mulligan here as I am pretty sure I tore my ACL yesterday playing hoops and my head is not on straight.

Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona.

-George F. Will
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I tore my ACL yesterday playing hoops and my head is not on straight. >>

That's a bad tear. It rarely affects the alignment of one's head. image
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    But when it does, wrapping it with an invoice and bubble wrap inside a top loader can help
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options

<< <i>But when it does, wrapping it with an invoice and bubble wrap inside a top loader can help >>

I will try this when I am on the first flight to Birmingham, Alabama to see Dr. James Andrews image

-George F. Will