Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Attention Golf Collectors: Vintage Masters Badges

First post, but I have been reading and following this forum for several months.

Badges for the Masters Golf Tournament are highly collectible. I have put up a run of badges for sale on EBay. Figured I would pass it along in case any of you happen to collect these type of items.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321873505205?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Item # 321873505205

Ashley Brown

Comments

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Love them. Wish I had the cash for that set but it's unfinishable unless you're rich. The early years ones go for 5 figures! Awesome lot you have there though. You'll do well with them!
  • Options
    Thanks. Most collectors really only start the runs in 1961. That is the first year they made the badges in plastic (it goes for $1,800-$2,200). then from 1962-66 either Palmer or Nicklaus won the tournament which makes these badges very sought after.
    Ashley Brown
  • Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭
    thanks for posting - i'll drop a bid in

i used to have 3 full sets of 1961 to mid-2000s but sold them a few years ago

i collect them by player now and display them with autographs - i have full sets of nicklaus badges, palmer (including 1960), player and a few other more recent

i need to finish up hogan and snead sets - i've got some of theirs but not all

the pre-61s are even more interesting because they had individual day badges as well as week long passes, even the practice rounds

i know a couple guys who are working masters sets of all that, good luck is all i ever say to them! image

if i get around to it i'll post a couple of my framed pieces.
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should be in the BST, Buy Sell Trade, section of the forum.
    James