Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Grade the Roosevelt Toner...will it grade?

keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
There is a small rim hit on the reverse near the second A of AMERICA.
It is not deep at all. It barely touches a reeding, if it touches and it certainly does
not show on the obverse in any way at all. Just a small hit near the edge of the reverse.

image
"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
Not really looking for much these days but if I were, it might be a toner. :smile:

Comments

  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭
    sweet example i'd call ms65FB
    should grade no problem
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see


  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Dip it! Too much toning... LOL image

    President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, it should grade no problem.
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, yah, I think it will grade. 64fb to 66fb range

    President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    really nice coin, I don't think that nick would cause a coin that small to no-grade. Myguess: 66
  • Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    Is it worth it financially to have this date graded?image
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would grade.
  • Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    66FB if the luster is there. Nice coin.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 25,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, the rim hit will not be seen by the grader.....I hope!

    bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    May go detail with the rim hit or maybe not. PCGS doesn't like problems.
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll go with 66FB. Pretty coin but it would need to go 67FB to cover the grading fees.
    Larry

  • Options
    Pretty coin but the rim nick and 1 or 2 other points would knock it down to a 63 or 64.
    I don't know if it would be worth the cost of grading but, of course, that's up to you.
  • Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Graders will see the hit and at best it will go MS 65 FB. It's got attractive toning and is certainly a keeper. The grading fee will exceed it's value for sure so, it's your call.
    If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options


    << <i>Is it worth it financially to have this date graded?image >>



    For a white MSFB66 no but for a toned one yes.
  • Options
    machoponchomachoponcho Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    It will grade. Rim hit is very minor. Toning is natural. Bands are split, but these days PCGS is tight on FB and likes to see them rounded as well. About 70% chance it goes FB. Almost impossible to tell what the numeric grade would be based on photos.
    I have existed since the creation of this world and will exist until its end. Only my form will change. For these 80 human life years, I have the benefit of having a functioning body and consciousness. I will not waste this opportunity.
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭


    << <i>Is it worth it financially to have this date graded?image >>



    With that color, it likely will be worth it.
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    66FB. Love the toning!
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The eye appeal appears to have the backing of all four qualities, seldom seen in any holder. You'll need to toothpick away that carbon spot. Personally, I wouldn't waste my money, collectors who search long and hard for such coins will pay nicely for it. Just find it a nice airtite holder. If in hand its that nice, I can't see you parting with it unless it's a dup.


    Leo

    The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

    My Jefferson Nickel Collection

  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure the "rim hit" isn't a struck thru error? I've seen a couple similar. Hard to tell from the pic.
    If you're convinced it's PMD I wouldn't spend the money to submit it. JMHO

    RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    deltadimemandeltadimeman Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    If the mint luster is intense I would say ms67fb

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file