Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Papelbon-Bryce Harper dugout brawl

Did anyone see this today???? Wow!!image

Comments

• Options
    I've always thought Papelbon to be an idiot. That's why no one wants him around
    It never leaves you...
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both Williams and Papelbon will be gone in about a week and Harper may win the MVP. Williams is arguably the worst manager in the league and Papelbon is already a head case.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Heh. Shaq Papelbon vs. Kobe Harper.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    That's interesting? See what happens in the off season now
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still like to give it to my buddy who said it was a smart move about 4 years ago when the Nats were playoff bound and they shut down Strasburg, he said he would garuntee a Nationals World Series ring within the next 2 years of that and it cost him a steak dinner image

Papelbon is a complete weirdo
  • Options
    Tough call. A--hole vs. A--hole. Who do you root for? In a perfect world, they would have Ko'd each other. image
  • Options
    royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    I thought it was crazy that they added Papelbon when Storen was doing so well for them.
    Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought it was crazy that they added Papelbon when Storen was doing so well for them. >>

Storen doesn't pitch as well in big games/big situations, he tends to unravel.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Tough call. A--hole vs. A--hole. Who do you root for? In a perfect world, they would have Ko'd each other. image >>

Lol..exactly!
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I thought it was crazy that they added Papelbon when Storen was doing so well for them. >>

Storen doesn't pitch as well in big games/big situations, he tends to unravel. >>

And Papelbon is the answer?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    Papelbon hasn't been exactly nails lately so amazing he would get on a soapbox with Harper. Papelbon is a jerk. I'll be shocked if he's not traded in a couple days or outright released. It's amazing anyone still wants him on their team.
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    graygatorgraygator Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    To inject some cardboard here: Topps should use this image on the Nats team card next year. Pretty well sums up their season.

• Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    So much wrong here.
    1. Williams should have been down his ass first.
    2. Papelbon should have never done this in the dugout.
    3. Papelbon, although a veteran, he has been on the team for two months- He does not have the leadership within the clubhouse to call anyone out.
    4. Harper should have been benched by the coach immediately- attitude like this kills the team chemistry #neverwillwinachampionship

The Nationals lost their season in July not in September when they acquired Papelbon. The GM screwed this up not Harper and his attitude.

Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    I'm more curious about those cracks. The downward trajectory of an angrily thrown batting helmet could squash an innocent cricket.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    How the f'beep did Matt Williams not know how serious the altercation was?

Washington Post article
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    Papelbon suspended fro remainder of season by the Nats.
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    PM770PM770 Posts: 320 ✭✭

<< <i>How the f'beep did Matt Williams not know how serious the altercation was? >>

I'd say that Williams is trying to get himself fired, but I think he's already done enough to insure that happens.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Storen doesn't pitch as well in big games/big situations, he tends to unravel. >>

And Papelbon is the answer? >>

The Nats bullpen had been bad, taking a chance on Papelbon was a risk they had to take.

I think you can still keep Papelbon for next year. It's not like the picthers do a whole lot with the rest of the team. He wouldn't need to have much interaction with Harper. Either way I am fine with them releasing Papelbon but it doesn't change the fact that they still need bullpen help.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.