Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Best day and time to end auctions?

I am trying to figure out during Pro Football and Collage Football season if Saturday & Sunday nights is still the best night to list auction?
My thoughts are that a lot of collectors are watching Football games on Saturday & Sunday night and it's better to end auctions on a week night?

Let me know if anybody changes there night to end auctions because of the Football season.

James

Comments

• Options
    Sunday night, 9:30 - 10:30 EST is what I have found to garner the most eyeballs/late minute bids.

Not scientific mind you but definitely something I have tinkered with in the past.
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    I agree with FL 9:00-11:00 est is when I have seen the most consistent results in auction prices.
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Sunday evening. I have never liked ending auctions on Saturday night.
    James
  • Options
    In an age of opportunity via communication devices, it seems like buying and selling on ebay can be somewhat of a 24/7 thing now. People can bid on stuff from anywhere, anytime. My old belief was similar in that Sunday night would always command the best performance for auctions. Unfortunately, that means competing for attention with the flocks who gravitate to Probstein and PWCC, or other popular dealer auctions at the same time. I've found better recent success in random dates and times, with absolutely no consideration for what might be a greater amount of eyeballs.

The bottom line is still this: If you have something GOOD to sell, it will sell to the person who wants it most. No matter when.
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    whatever time PWCC decides to end it
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I agree with Sunday evening. I have never liked ending auctions on Saturday night.
    James >>

Yep.. Sunday evening is good due to excitement generated from the day's games. It's especially good when the players you're selling have outstanding performances.
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    my gut still says sunday evening but when i sold some thru a particular AH, he just about convinced me that his thursday ending auctions had statistically the same results as his auctions that ended sunday evening. Anyone here recall the reason(s)?

ha, absolutely agree with "whenever PWCC ends theirs". but my own personal auctions didn't seem to get as many eyes on weekday evenings and they were some good quality product....i rarely remember to look friday or saturday evenings.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    Personally, I don't like Sunday night ending auctions. I'd rather be watching the Football game and not get interrupted
    by bidding/watching auctions ending.

However I agree, it seems like more eyes are online that night than any other and it seems like the ideal night to end things.

Of course, if you have quality items listed, ending them any time will usually garner top dollars too.

During the NFL season, I like bidding on auctions ending Tuesday-Thurs nights.
    I've found Friday and Sat. nights to be the worst night to end listings from a sellers point of view.
  • Options

<< <i>
    I've found Friday and Sat. nights to be the worst night to end listings from a sellers point of view. >>

+1

I have also been dumb enough to wake up early and list items for auction.....the anti-answer to the OP's question is end an auction any morning at 6:00 AM EST - 8:00 AM EST. These are guaranteed to leave you banging your head on the desk.
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    Start them on Thursday night and end them 10 days later on Sunday night. Good to get two weekends worth of eyeballs.
  • Options
    slightly parallel reply but from a buying perspective, i love superbowl sunday.

have got some absolute ridiculous deals from some poorly timed auctions ending on this day!
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    If you have a higher dollar item I will be contrarian and vote for Tue or Wed night around 7pm. If you look at the history of the eBay bucks promos, I would bet around 75% of them fall on Tue and Wed. You might get some higher bids if you get lucky and your item ends on one of these promo days. I know I will factor in the extra bonus bucks to my bids when an item I'm watching qualifies for the promo. I think 7pm is good because West coast folks are home from work and East coast collectors are still up too.
    Steve