Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

1952 Topps Complete Basic Set #14th For Sale

I want avg VCP for the set.Im not putting it up for auction because im not losing the 10% for fees.I will not break the set up,it was too hard to put together.It is 14th best on the PSA registry.LMK if there is any interest.Email boyd_wilson@hotmail.com.Thanks.

Comments

• I can take pmts on this set.I don't need all the money at once.I would send cards as pmts r made.
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Incredible set, Boyd! Good luck with your sale. image

A quick recap of Boyd's set:

1 PSA 4 - Mickey somebody.
    13 PSA 6's - Pafko, Mathews, 3 other high numbers
    6 PSA 6.5's - Klu, Roberts, Berra
    206 PSA 7's - Hodges, Slaughter, Ashburn, Mays, Wilhelm, Dickey, plus 51 other hi numbers
    21 PSA 7.5's - Wynn, Reese, plus two other hi numbers
    157 PSA 8's - Spahn, Snider, Feller, Mize, Doby, Kell, Robinson, Thomson, Campy, plus 30 other hi numbers
    3 PSA 8.5's - two hi numbers

Holy cow!
  • For some reason trying to sell this set reminds me of the song everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to go now.I have people wanting it but it is a big step.If I don't sell it before I go the kids can sell it & they will be a lot easier on the negotiation.
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

<< <i>For some reason trying to sell this set reminds me of the song everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to go now.I have people wanting it but it is a big step.If I don't sell it before I go the kids can sell it & they will be a lot easier on the negotiation. >>

I wish I still needed the set. I could buy it for the upgrade, but that seems sort of insane.
  • I need the set but would not even know where to begin the offer stage at as I would undoubtedly look like a fool in whatever offer I throw out there.

With that said and knowing the sale price would be a lot, it sounds as if the payment plan for this set would be $1000 per month for the rest of my life.

Am I close?

Seriously though - what is the size of this breadbasket?

$35k?
    $50k?
    $100k?
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Seriously though - what is the size of this breadbasket?
    $35k? ... $50k? ... $100k? >>

Let's just start with the first 3 cards in Bob's Summary ... that PSA "4" of some young kid and the 2 PSA "6" cards of Pafko and Mathews ... Those 3 alone are probably close to $35,000.00. The 30 common HI #s in PSA 8 are probably anywhere between $600.00 - $2,000.00 each; Jackie Robinson in an "8" - $10,000.00????; Campanella in an "8" - $5,000.00??? Those 35 cards are already over $75,000.00.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

• << <i>

<< <i>Seriously though - what is the size of this breadbasket?
    $35k? ... $50k? ... $100k? >>

Let's just start with the first 3 cards in Bob's Summary ... that PSA "4" of some young kid and the 2 PSA "6" cards of Pafko and Mathews ... Those 3 alone are probably close to $35,000.00. The 30 common HI #s in PSA 8 are probably anywhere between $600.00 - $2,000.00 each; Jackie Robinson in an "8" - $10,000.00????; Campanella in an "8" - $5,000.00??? Those 35 cards are already over $75,000.00. >>

Thanks DBone.....wow!

I guess my statement of $1000 per month for the rest of my life was pretty spot on.

I am 48 now. My assumption would be that I would like another 20-30 years so let's call it 25 years.

12 x 25 x 1000 = $300,000

Yup, that's probably a lot closer than my other guesses.

Incredible set!

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store

<< <i>I am 48 now. My assumption would be that I would like another 20-30 years so let's call it 25 years. >>

DAMN! I HOPE you live longer than 73!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

• << <i>

<< <i>I am 48 now. My assumption would be that I would like another 20-30 years so let's call it 25 years. >>

DAMN! I HOPE you live longer than 73! >>

As do I....I was using the guestimated average male lifespan of 78.

Good luck with the sale Goldenhawk!
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • I doubt if that pmt plan would have worked being as I am 68.

<< <i>I doubt if that pmt plan would have worked being as I am 68. >>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Yeah ive talked to him.He mainly wanted to sell it at 19.5 take out.I might just keep it,at least it doesn't demand to be fed every morning like the dog I just bought.

• << <i>Yeah ive talked to him.He mainly wanted to sell it at 19.5 take out.I might just keep it,at least it doesn't demand to be fed every morning like the dog I just bought. >>

You received a consignment offer of a cash advance of $140,000 at 12.5% take.

• << <i>

<< <i>Yeah ive talked to him.He mainly wanted to sell it at 19.5 take out.I might just keep it,at least it doesn't demand to be fed every morning like the dog I just bought. >>

You received a consignment offer of a cash advance of $140,000 at 12.5% take. >>

Welcome back, Mr. Bassik. That's quite an Investment you'd be making in Baseball.
  • He made several offers,i didnt need the advance,so that meant nothing to me.It will bring more than 140,000.If anyone has one with a 7.23 avg. for that,ill buy it.