Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Hobo Help!

Hey gang! I am going to share a small part of my collection in the hopes that someone may have the final coins I need to finish it up. I am collecting an old original hobo nickel collection by date and mint mark. If anyone happens to have an average or better date I need, I am a fish! Any help is appreciated!

Chris Dempsey
Dempsey & Baxter Rare Coins
6032 Peach Street
Erie, PA 16509

Comments

• Options
    InYHWHWeTrustInYHWHWeTrust Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭
    I don't collect these but this is a way cool niche to attempt! good luck and hope someone can help you out.
    Do your best to avoid circular arguments, as it will help you reason better, because better reasoning is often a result of avoiding circular arguments.
  • Options
    Thank you. image I am down to the difficult to find D-mint coins. Most hobo nickels that are not on Philadelphia mint coins come on S-mint. It adds absolutely no value to have one mint or another, but D mints are tougher to find on hobo nickels.
    Chris Dempsey
    6032 Peach Street
    Erie, PA 16509
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1918/17 Hobo, that's impressive.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Most people don't notice that one unless I point it out. There are two known, and mine is the only one that is actually carved. The other coin they just punched the tip of a nail into it to make a crude beard.
    Chris Dempsey
    6032 Peach Street
    Erie, PA 16509
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    Wow, wow, wow. Impressive collection. That '28 is too much!

Best of luck on your hunt for a complete set. What an accomplishment that would be.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    HobosapianHobosapian Posts: 72 ✭✭✭
    Thank you! I just picked up a 1923-S today. It's just OK, but it meets my minimum grade.
    Chris Dempsey
    6032 Peach Street
    Erie, PA 16509