Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Baldwin Auction 95 Winnings

Oy. I do not know whether to be happy or dismayed at the price after all the charges are racked up. Haven't wired money, either, in almost 20 years. Hope nothing gets screwed up, there.
Two of four lots won.
One of them only was for a gift for a nephew.
The big win is a group of 12 Scottish agricultural medals.
Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD

Comments

• Options
    IosephusIosephus Posts: 872 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! I look forward to seeing the images when you receive them.

I know what you mean about the charges racking up. I'll be faxing my credit card info over soon for my invoice.
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My medals are somewhat pedestrian, but considering your record, I anxiously, if not excitedly, will be looking forward to yours, Iosephus!

DPOTD
  • Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my sole win: http://www.sixbid.com/browse.html?auction=2228&category=44973&lot=1890754
    (Sorry I can't paste the photo from my mobile.)

BTW, Baldwins accepts USD cheques. Ask them for the exchange rate. In the past, I have even mailed them directly to their bank in Boston rather than the Baldwin office, but I presume the latter is easier for accounting.

You can also call them with your VISA card number, but there's a 2% fee for using it. Sometimes, however, the cost is worth the hassle-free ease of payment.
  • Options
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I must say, that is one of the most impressive Latin American medals that I have seen.

DPOTD
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    I have a couple of French medals related to the 1900 Paris Expo - which are pretty common of course - but wasn't aware of the issues of other countries. At 90x52 mm that's a huge piece providing a lot of room well used by the designer. Thanks for sharing. Congrats!

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    That is a very impressive medal! I really like the design, whatever style that is because I do not know. Beaux Arts? But very beautiful. The bronze is a great medium with that design.
  • Options

<< <i>That is a very impressive medal! I really like the design, whatever style that is because I do not know. Beaux Arts? But very beautiful. The bronze is a great medium with that design. >>

Thanks. It's considered Art Nouveau.

This is the silver version I bought 1.5 years ago from the Tony Terranova collection at Stacks.