Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Another eBay shipping question

Currently I sell items on eBay with shipping set at a flat rate. This has worked fine for U.S. buyers, but now I have a Canadian buyer who has sent me a best offer. If we agree on a BO price, will shipping be $2.75 for him as well (I am guessing it will cost more than that to ship with teaching to Canada)? I believe my listing is set up for global shipping through eBay. Will this be automatically what the buyer has to go through if he buys the card, or can the buyer request for me to ship directly to Canada? Thanks for any insight.
Steve

Comments

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    If you are set up through the ebay Global shipping program, the buyer in the other country will not see the $2.75 rate when paying unless you have it in your item description. He will see your $2.75+what ebay charges and will be charged accordingly. You will ship the item to Erlanger KY most likely and ebay will ship it to Canada. You will receive $2.75 for your shipping part
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. That was very helpful.
    Steve
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to mtcards for the quick answer to my first question. I've got a new question: I usually ship USPS and frequently use their priority flat rate boxes, does FedEx have a flat rate box option? I am looking to ship a 79 rack box and was thinking of using FedEx. One would it be cheaper to use my own packaging? Thanks again for any help.
    Steve