Home Sports Talk
Options

Royals are 2015 World Series Champions!

DarinDarin Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
Happy for the entire team, but especially Moose this year. He struggled so much at the plate before this year, but always kept his head up and always kept talking about wanting so much to help the team win. And this year turning it around at the plate and hitting consistently all year long, but sadly losing his Mom a few weeks ago. The guy has been through a lot so to see him get to celebrate a division title and him being a huge part of it is pretty special this year.
Moose in the division clinching game- 3 for 3, 1 home run, 3 runs, 3 rbi's.

Way to go Moose and the Royals!image
DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am rooting for the Royals, I hope they win it all. I obviously am a Sox fan but the past few seasons I have been liking this team and if the Sox are out I would like to see them get a ring
  • Options
    royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    Great stuff indeed. Sucks that Holland is out, thank goodness for Wade Davis.
    Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royals better be on the lookout for those Jays flying high from the North.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    KC pitching has come down to earth the past month so they'll need to step it up in the playoffs.
  • Options
    It is really just a crap-shoot in the playoffs anyway.
  • Options
    Royals clinch home field advantage throughout playoffs by beating the Twins today 6-1.

So you're off the hook John Gibbons. Your idiotic decision to start Buehrle on 1 day rest against the Rays just so he could try for 200 innings blew up in your face, but ultimately didn't cost you the best record in the AL. and home field advantage.
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The never say die Royals came through again image
  • Options
    The never say die Royals came through againimage
  • Options
    Great pitching by Volquez and the bullpen to shut down the Blue Jays offense the whole game.

Great win. image
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • Options
    Another great comeback by the Royals!

Royals 2 wins, Blue Jays 0 batflips
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    Not sure if you've seen this or think much of it but I'm in Korea so it's pretty interesting.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13773310

Not sure how to link at the moment with the new software.

Royals looking good.
  • Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royals fan for 40 years - don't usually post on Sports forum but Royals run seems like a good time to try it out.

They are a resilient team and when other teams are tightening up, they seem to get looser. Great time to be a Royals fan, but then we deserve it after decades of existing in the desert.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options
    They are on a roll. Go Royals!

• Options
    That guy from South Korea brings a lot of energy, great fan.

breakdown, thanks for posting. Like me, you're old enough to remember the good old days with the Royals.

Hopefully this is the year they win it all again.

Then I hope royalbrett inserts braggings about it on his sigline. lol.
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    I am rooting for the Kansas City Royals to win the ALCS, but I would like to see the Chicago Cubs win the World Series this year.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    Very impressive tonight. The worries are not over, however. KC came back to win from down 3-1 in '85..........
  • Options
    Originally posted by: royalbrett
    Very impressive tonight. The worries are not over, however. KC came back to win from down 3-1 in '85..........

True, but this was a huge win. Even if the Blue Jays win tomorrow, the Royals have two shots to win it in KC. They've talked all year about having unfinished business, and they're playing like they do.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • Options
    very impressive win. Congrats.
  • Options
    Jays fan here.........

I don't think my beloved Jays are going to win in KC.

Jays pitching and bullpen are showing cracks.

After the Jays game #2 loss, I was telling everyone KC's going to win the World Series.

KC is a very impressive team this year.

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

• Options
    Great win for the Royals, and since it was such a great victory, I'll hold off criticizing Ned Yost.

The Blue Jays are a very tough team to put away, and even though I don't like Bautista, he is a great clutch hitter and almost singlehandedly kept them in the game.

Really happy for Alcides getting some recognition this year, first the All Star game and now Championship series MVP. The guy deserves a gold glove also.

Should be a great series with the Mets!

And thank you Dayton Moore for picking up Ben Zobrist mid season, best acquisition of the year!
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • Options
    Congrats goes to KC as it was a very good series.

Should be an excellent World Series.

• Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Too much of a wait between series. Play ball.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    Harvey pitching game one. Light him up
  • Options
    Just like the Toronto series, the Royals win the first two games at home. Amazing performance by Johnny Cueto in game two, and great clutch hitting by the Royals.

Feel bad for Volquez, losing his father on the same day he pitches game 1 of the World series. He did a great job keeping the Royals in the game.
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • Options
    Royals did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yost out coached Collins all the way. The Blue Knight took the crown. image
  • Options
    Another great comeback win!
    Can't blame Harvey for wanting to come back for the ninth, but I do think once Collins made a decision he should have stuck with it.
    Yost did do a good job of using his relievers this series, a lot better than the Toronto series.
    Great lineup for the Royals that just never gives up!

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • Options
    Since they keep track of everything in baseball I wonder how many broken bats there were in this series?
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrat's! The best team won. The Royals were the aMAZIngs

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for the Royals and their fans!! I was rooting for them after the Cubs lost.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    The Royals are a really good team right now. I'm happy for them. Definitely the best overall team in baseball.

• Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    The Royals played smash-mouth baseball, an aggressive style that forced the Mets to make plays, which they didn't.
  • Options
    Why couldn't Murphy remove the Superman costume BEFORE the NLCS?!?!?!? Grrrr. ;-o
  • Options
    Even after coming so close last year, I am still in awe. I didn't know if I'd ever see it again.
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭✭
    So they won the World Series in BOTH Back to the Future years (1985 and 2015)! image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    I think Murph returned to same ol Murph....thats why no contract.But, agreed, he had an unreal run....Harvey on the other hand gotta stop listening to the crowd...and his ego

KC..congrats ...u guys were def the best team...witnessed some remarkable history
  • Options
    What amazing timely hitting in ALL the playoff games by the Royals!!

Congrats to a great KC team.

Both the Royals and the Blue Jays teams will stay fairly intact next year so I'm hoping the Jays will beat KC next year in the AL finals.

I heard something like the Royals from the 7th inning on, for the entire playoffs, scored a record 50 runs.

Wow!.....and they did it by stringing single after single after single together.

Let me tell you, for an opposing team and their fans, that is 10 times more frustrating to watch than giving up a 3 run homer.

But for me, the highlight of the year (and this is after a 22 year playoff Jays drought) was Bautista's game 5 homer against Texas that sealed the deal and that crazy 'in your face' bat toss.