Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Pretty cool pocket change find

There more I read about coins here,the more I keep checking change daily.Today I got back a 1993 5 Pfennig (must've thought it was penny) and a 1993 Ireland 5 pence.Probably came from the same person.A quick ebay check and I found they're not worth much,but definitely more than the 11 cents I should've gotten! I'll add a picture of them later.I thought it was a pretty cool find and I'll probably just tuck them away.There isn't any special marking errors or anything with these are there?
I really like serious people.

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fun finds.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    That's pretty cool. You do not find those in US change often. Definitely out of the ordinary.

If you like world stuff you should see if your local dealer has a bag of stuff you can buy cheap and just spend a whole day sorting through and identifying.

Beats yard work.
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's cool..................the other day the wife brought home a 22 piece South Korean set she found in the coin star
    there always fun to find.

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    I got them in change at a gas station.It's amazing how lazy some of the workers are and don't pay attention to what they take from people.I'm not really a collector,yet,but I'm becoming very intrigued with coins and have been checking the house change piles and jugs.Just to see what cool pieces might be there! Correct,it beats yard work even though I just the neighborhood kids to do most of mine!