Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

CC Membership renewal 6 card poppage

Just wanted to share my grades on my recent submission. I am very pleased with the grades. I've been ripping '79 football racks when I can get my hands on nice clean ones and while they are still somewhat affordable. I've submitted a few Campbells before but were always a bit off centered. These were the first (Mint 9's) that I received. The '79 O-Pee-Chee Hockey is a tough set to pull high grades, nice to get a 9 on the Gordie Howe and I believe it's his last card. Most pleased with the Lemieux RC, it was a PSA 8 crackout. I purchased it as an 8, and was happy to keep it as so. Always thought it had a shot at a higher grade. Really nice centering, and straight cut as well as I see a lot with tilt centering. Everything else looked good with the card, so I decided to give it a shot and cracked it out as I wanted the newer style PSA holder also.

MINT 9 1982 Topps 21 Orioles Future Stars Bonner/Ripken/Schneider Card
NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 Topps 21 Orioles Future Stars Bonner/Ripken/Schneider Card
MINT 9 1979 Topps 390 Earl Campbell Card
MINT 9 1979 Topps 390 Earl Campbell Card
MINT 9 1979 O-Pee-Chee 175 Gordie Howe Card
MINT 9 1985 O-Pee-Chee 9 Mario Lemieux Card

Comments

• Options
    Nice $400 bump!
    It never leaves you...
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those Campbell's are awesome, since it his only regular issue card produced. I expect it to take off in pricing in high grade in the near future.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    BigMKBigMK Posts: 93 ✭✭

<< <i>Those Campbell's are awesome, since it his only regular issue card produced. I expect it to take off in pricing in high grade in the near future. >>

Yes, High grade examples have been steadily increasing over the past few months. Some recent PSA 9's have topped $300
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Those Campbell's are awesome, since it his only regular issue card produced. I expect it to take off in pricing in high grade in the near future. >>

Yes, High grade examples have been steadily increasing over the past few months. Some recent PSA 9's have topped $300 >>

It is a tough card in a 9. Should be $500+ in a few years.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats. Those are some nice grades on some very classic cards. The Lemieux bump is definitely a nice reward on the crack out. Nice eye there.
    Steve