Home U.S. Coin Forum

2015 COIN & CURRENCY $1 PROBLEM SMALL PER MINT

HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
"Prior to identifying the manual packaging error with the dollar notes in the 2015 American $1 Coin and Currency Set, approximately 52,016 units were shipped to customers," Stump said Sept. 22. "There were a total of 640 units returned for various reasons, such as exchange, unacceptable quality or customer decision, which is slightly more than 1 percent. Our usual rate of return for all Mint products is slightly more than 1 percent.

LINK TO ARTICLE
" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater

Comments

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There you go.
    Many happy BST transactions
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Of the 10 sets I receive, none had this packaging defect.

I expect that a lot of the folks that received sets with notes not properly placed in the window were hoping for perfection.

I also expect a lot of disappointment in about 10 years when nobody really wants these sets. Even at original issue price.

But that's just me............
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    out of 52,000 only 640 cancelled or returned for all reasons. While the number of complaints you see on the forums
    might seem like a lot. What is on the forums is only a small drop in a very large bucket.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    It will be a nice surprise for all the unopened set buyers in a few years.
    Always a possibility and a risk for keeping sealed boxes. You could open a box of two 1oz gold coins
    and find two bronze medals.image
  • Booger9989Booger9989 Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Always a possibility and a risk for keeping sealed boxes. You could open a box of two 1oz gold coins
    and find two bronze medals.image >>

Any stories of this exist out in the world?
    Positive BST Deals as a seller : Wondercoin, Chumlee, Jerster, Perry Hall , DMarks, MWK, drewsef, SoCalBigMark, Lakesammman, Nurmaler
    I have read several stories about people being shipped the wrong items from the mint. They were discovered upon receipt.
    I have not heard of any held boxes later opened with the wrong item. This is a common shipping error, however
    as the mint deals with precious metals there should be tighter controls to prevent this but it can happen.
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It will be a nice surprise for all the unopened set buyers in a few years. >>

<< <i>Always a possibility and a risk for keeping sealed boxes. You could open a box of two 1oz gold coins

A friend bought a sealed box of 2 - 2008W Silver eagles. hoping for 2007s.. .. found 2 2008 Gold 1 oz Eagles .. outside box was faded

<< <i>

A friend bought a sealed box of 2 - 2008W Silver eagles. hoping for 2007s.. .. found 2 2008 Gold 1 oz Eagles .. outside box was faded >>

I hope he complained that he got the wrong item and sent them back.imageimage
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of the 10 sets I received, 9 of them had the problem. 6 of them were really bad, the other 3 were better, but bad enough to send back. None of the bills would move; they were all sealed in by whatever adhesive they use.

<< <i>

<< <i>

A friend bought a sealed box of 2 - 2008W Silver eagles. hoping for 2007s.. .. found 2 2008 Gold 1 oz Eagles .. outside box was faded >>

I hope he complained that he got the wrong item and sent them back.imageimage >>

The seller listed no returns /no refunds /all sales final , so he kept the lot

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file