Home Sports Talk

Cowboys acquire Matt Cassel

lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
They need another QB with some NFL exp but I can't help but think they are not sold on Weeden leading the team

link

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they would have been better signing Tebow, at least give the guy a chance someone!
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I foresee a lot of short passes lol..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cassel can play . When Brady got hurt I figured we were done that season but he stepped up and I think we finished up 11-5 . I thought they treated him right by letting him go once Brady was back he was too good to warm the bench as a backup after that.
  • skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    I guess you have to grab a QB from somewhere. He's been mediocre to bad since 2011. That's why he's a backup. Those NE years were seven to nine years ago.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Cassel can play . When Brady got hurt I figured we were done that season but he stepped up and I think we finished up 11-5 . I thought they treated him right by letting him go once Brady was back he was too good to warm the bench as a backup after that. >>

there is not any doubt in my mind that he was a product of The entire NE program, The Cowboys with the injuries they have suffered are a far cry from the '08 Pats.
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Cassel can play . When Brady got hurt I figured we were done that season but he stepped up and I think we finished up 11-5 . I thought they treated him right by letting him go once Brady was back he was too good to warm the bench as a backup after that. >>

there is not any doubt in my mind that he was a product of The entire NE program, The Cowboys with the injuries they have suffered are a far cry from the '08 Pats. >>

Maybe but it makes more sense to grab Cassel than someone like RG3 , which is a name I heard from some of the TV talking heads . Even if he never takes a snap it will push Weeden to do better knowing that there is someone with experience behind him if he doesn't stay focused and do his job.
  • Every reporter I have heard or read this morning has said that Weeden basically has to be a stud Sunday or Cassel starts next week.