Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

A newp - rearing steed

This coin came up a couple weeks ago on eBay, and was pointed out to me by fellow member Zohar within an hour or so of it being posted. It was priced reasonably given the crazy prices some of the rearing horse coins go for. It's a type I don't have yet, so I grabbed it. It is the 15th variant on the rearing Saxon Steed design that I have in my certified collection of coins with horses (which currently has 257 coins in it).

Thanks to Zohar for the heads up!

Best, Brandon

-Brandon
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Comments

• Options
    You definitely have Good fellows.
    The coin is Great , love the loustrous fields it has.Congrats !!!
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent addition.

BTW - 257 coins in the set?!? Do you have a link?
  • Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Excellent addition.

BTW - 257 coins in the set?!? Do you have a link? >>

Sure. --> Linkified.
    -Brandon
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]

• Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brandon--what a great collection! I did not see an Irish Gunmoney Crown in the set. Is this something you are looking for? They can be tough to find in high grade. Also, the possibilities are nearly endless in the ancients category.

Tom

• Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Brandon--what a great collection! I did not see an Irish Gunmoney Crown in the set. Is this something you are looking for? They can be tough to find in high grade. Also, the possibilities are nearly endless in the ancients category. >>

Hi TPRC, yes the Gunmoney Crown is on my list. I had a nice AU piece I bid on last year, but was underbidder. There are also still quite a few others in the modern era to find before I delve into the world of ancients. For example, I've been looking for a decent Lafayette commem for a while that doesn't break the bank (I can't quite afford those in the $35,000 MS66 range image ). I'm in no big rush, so just trying to take it slow and steady. There's also a lot of material in the Thaler series, and I don't limit to only coins -- I include tokens, medals, and other exonumia. It's just a fun collection, with really no "finished" state per se.

Thanks for the kind words.

-Brandon
    -Brandon

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice - zohar seems to have eyes all over the darn place always picking up sniffs of this, and sniffs of that..he needs to spend more time in the officeimage