Home Sports Talk
Options

Who here is willing to pick up and carry the Cowboys banner?

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Going to be a long season in big D without Romo and Dez. >>

Actually, it's looking to be a few games shorter than it could have been image >>

Lol
  • Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭
    The OL is looking very average. They aren't moving people or making lanes for the backs and they are struggling as pass blockers.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Options
    Weeden seems like a nice guy but I just don't see the hype that J Jones placed on him. One playoff game in how many years?
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The OL is looking very average. They aren't moving people or making lanes for the backs and they are struggling as pass blockers. >>

I haven't heard anyone dare say this but it I can not disagree.

I will say that Weeden doesn't move very well within the pocket and at times makes the OL look bad.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    well said. Its hard to disagree.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The OL is looking very average. They aren't moving people or making lanes for the backs and they are struggling as pass blockers. >>

I haven't heard anyone dare say this but it I can not disagree.

I will say that Weeden doesn't move very well within the pocket and at times makes the OL look bad. >>

The media on the Cowboys website have torn into the OL for how they have under performed. They failing to push guys of the line of scrimmage and not sealing of the backside so the backs are getting chased down. They must play better going forward to give the offense a chance.

title.
  • Options
    Little to no chance against the Pats today, right?
    Maybe keep it close but I'm not optimistic.
    Hope I'm wrong.

Could have done without the Hardy bulliten board material. Shut up and play.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

• Options
    Dupe.

• Options
    It's official....they currently suck. image

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's official....they currently suck. image >>

You cant really hold it against them though, it sure would have been nice to see big D at full strength, its funny because before the season started I think everyone was worrying about Garrapolo leading the Pats into Dallas but it ends up being Brady against the team with no Romo or Bryant.

Tough hit all around for Dallas especially since they had high hopes after coming so close last year.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It's official....they currently suck. image >>

You cant really hold it against them though, it sure would have been nice to see big D at full strength, its funny because before the season started I think everyone was worrying about Garrapolo leading the Pats into Dallas but it ends up being Brady against the team with no Romo or Bryant.

Tough hit all around for Dallas especially since they had high hopes after coming so close last year. >>

Hardy was pretty fired up after a long vacation , Dallas was knocking Brady all over the field in the first half. Dallas couldn't do much on offense but I don't blame weeden for all of the trouble.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If nothing else, it shows how extensively underappreciated Romo was by Dimeman..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    They need to go with Cassel or Moore. Weeden is awful as starter and looks as bad as when he played for the Browns. The defense was solid yesterday and had the offense moved the ball at all the game would have been closer. It seemed like the Patriots got the ball near midfield on every drive because of the constant 3 and outs. Speaking of change it might be an idea to go with Collins at Guard and Christine Michael at RB. I don't understand why Michael has only seen the ball twice in two weeks. And it might be an idea for the Cowboys to occasionally mix in some throws on 1st down.

title.
  • Options

• Options
    Turn the lights out...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    The Cowboys are -9 on the turnover differential. They need to protect the ball on offense and get a few more turnovers on defense. Cassel struggled with the INT's but at least he moved the offense better than Weeden.

title.
  • Options
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Hey, No. 1 draft pick may be in sight! image

• Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    you would think all of those years watching great qb's he would know the 2 minute drill and clock management a little better...a lot better....back to weeden?
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    Is it plausible to broach the subject of maybe it's time to draft a QB?

Not Romo bashing but we could be grooming an heir apparent and have some quality backup.

I'm grasping here. What a disaster this has become.

• Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Guess the Randle thing didnt quite go as expected.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    Originally posted by: seebelow

Guess the Randle thing didnt quite go as expected.

That escalated quickly.

• Options
    The fact that you have an owner who publicly supports a guy who battered and bruised his girlfriend as a "leader in the locker room" and the fact that the team allows a pet monkey in the locker room, as well, tells you all you need to know about this team: the inmates are running the asylum.

• Options
    Originally posted by: grote15
    The fact that you have an owner who publicly supports a guy who battered and bruised his girlfriend as a "leader in the locker room" and the fact that the team allows a pet monkey in the locker room, as well, tells you all you need to know about this team: the inmates are running the asylum.

Deadspin got ahold of some photos of that. The NFL requested them last spring but didn't do anything after seeing them. I'd guess Jerry jones could have seen them if he wanted to, it doesn't seem like he would have cared either way though.

It doesn't seem like the cowboys can amount to much until Jones fires himself or dies .

• Options
    Dez Bryant is looking pretty good
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boom.

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy to see the Cowboys lose...AGAIN, now 0-6 and 1-4 at home. Gr8 record, 2-6 and sinking like the Titanic.

The signing of Greg Hardy is beyond insane. This is all about the mindless obsession by JJ to try to win at all cost. Hardy should be banned forever from the game. His only good fortune is that his GF refused to testify. Have you seen the pics ??

May this team continue to flounder and cause JJ nothing but disappointment.
  • Options
    Not sure how any of this is Jerry's fault. He isn't the one causing the team to play inconsistent football or the injuries.

The Hardy signing is a one year deal so if he doesn't produce then they can move on next year. So far he has played well but could have had a much better game last night. I hops he continues to play well and keep himself out of trouble as he would be a nice long term addition to the Cowboys as pass rushers are difficult to find.

The thing that blows my mind with this team is that it is never the same issue week to week. One week it is the offense the next week it is the defense and the week after that the special teams struggles covering kicks. The season is probably over for the Cowboys but here's to hoping the pull out some wins.

title.
  • Options
    Jerry signs the players, does he not? It is ALL Jerry's fault for allowing such woman beaters to be allowed to wear a Cowboy's uniform. Your season is toast, just like your team.

New England Patriots Franchise Encyclopedia

Regular Season Record (all-time) : 458-377-9

Playoff Record (all-time) : 28-18 (Last appearance after 2014 season)

Super Bowls Won: 4 out of 8 appearances

Championships Won*: 4

Passing Leader (all-time): Tom Brady - 55,967 yards

Rushing Leader (all-time): Sam Cunningham - 5,453 yards

Receiving Leader (all-time): Stanley Morgan - 10,352 yards

Winningest Coach (all-time): Bill Belichick - 183 wins

Top Player by Approximate Value (all-time): Tom Brady - 206 AV

• Options
    It's funny. Last year I expected little and look how far they went.

This year I expected much and now they're reduced to playing spoiler.

Good point about the issues being a moving target.

• Options
    Originally posted by: MCMLVTopps
    Jerry signs the players, does he not? It is ALL Jerry's fault for allowing such woman beaters to be allowed to wear a Cowboy's uniform. Your season is toast, just like your team.

New England Patriots Franchise Encyclopedia

Regular Season Record (all-time) : 458-377-9
    Playoff Record (all-time) : 28-18 (Last appearance after 2014 season)
    Super Bowls Won: 4 out of 8 appearances
    Championships Won*: 4
    Passing Leader (all-time): Tom Brady - 55,967 yards
    Rushing Leader (all-time): Sam Cunningham - 5,453 yards
    Receiving Leader (all-time): Stanley Morgan - 10,352 yards
    Winningest Coach (all-time): Bill Belichick - 183 wins
    Top Player by Approximate Value (all-time): Tom Brady - 206 AV

Jerry signs the checks but he is a lot less involved in player evaluation and acquisition. That is now left to the coaches, scouts, and player personal.

Hardy is not the only player in the NFL that has done something wrong (and this case it is like it never happened with his record expunged).

And don't the Patriots have a running back on their roster that punched an opposing player in the face because he didn't like it when some one talked trash to him after he ran his mouth the week before the game?

title.
  • Options
    I wouldn't categorize punching an opposing player in the face on the same level as beating up on a woman..

• Options
    I wouldn't categorize punching an opposing player in the face on the same level as beating up on a woman..

Physical violence is physical violence and it is possible that the young lady had a role in the incident and was not an innocent victim. It is very interesting that the prosecutor did not take the case to trial even w/out the victim because as I understand it her testimony/statements could still be used.

title.
  • Options
    That, in this case, you state physical violence is physical violence", when one side of the equation involves a woman being hammered by a man, the other a man on a man, and that just a punch in the face, is sickening. Then you further state that it is possible that the young lady had a role in the INCIDENT and was not an innocent victim...tells me you have issues, serious issues. No matter what she may have done or not done, he beat the crap out of her, no lady deserves what she got.

You want to defend Hardy ONLY because he's a player on your team, no more, no less. Your opinions on this topic are disgusting and beyond myopic. Hardy is a woman beater and if I had the power he'd never, EVER wear a uniform again. Would you be so energetic if he wore a Patriot's uniform? Not likely.

And YES, Jerry Jones is up to his eyeballs in the day-to-day management and operations of the team. May your team lose every remaining game and Hardy get his due one day. I love seeing your team lose game after game after game.

Get some help, I think you need it.

I am beyond done with you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: dfr52

Physical violence is physical violence and it is possible that the young lady had a role in the incident and was not an innocent victim. It is very interesting that the prosecutor did not take the case to trial even w/out the victim because as I understand it her testimony/statements could still be used.

There was a monetary payout to her. It bought silence. It happens.

mark
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Blaming the victim, in this case a woman less than half the size of an out of control defensive lineman, is really weak sauce, dfr52..

• Options
    Those bruises could of been the result of her falling on her own or maybe she got pushed on to the pile of weapons when she went after him first.

I have no idea what really happened but again the case could of gone to trial w/out the victim. I am guessing there were holes in the testimony or even character questions that made the prosecutors not go forward with the case (not just the money to the young lady).

People should not hit other people plain and simple be it a man, woman, or child. No person should be allowed to hit another person because they smaller/weaker than the other person.

If another incident occurs like this occurs with Hardy then my perception of him changes. As of now I will give him the benefit of doubt.

title.
  • Options
    There were no holes in her testimony or any doubt as to what occurred. She simply stopped cooperating with law enforcement after Hardy paid her a multi-million dollar settlement to keep quiet. Your failure to comprehend the facts of this incident is rather baffling~that is, till one sees your avatar.

• Options
    Pathetic and inept. That's all I got.

Cassel is plenty adequate to win at least a game or two.

• Options
    This is Hardy karma at work. That and bone head plays

mark
  • Options
    I re-watched the game after listening to Cowboys Break and was amazed to see how many times the refs made some questionable calls or no calls.

From the Bryan Broadus on the Cowboys website:

"I am still waiting to see where that defensive holding call was on the Buccaneers’ final drive. Carr jammed Evans well off the line and then carried him across the field. On tape it appeared that he was in ideal position on the play but was really unlucky with the call."

"I honestly believe that Quirk Jr. saw Heath grab Evans, but did not see that Jameis Winston had started running toward the line of scrimmage with the ball. Quirk Jr. did not reach for his flag until Winston was at the line. There was no intent for Winston to throw that ball – he was clearly a runner and all holding was off. What I would like to know is: did Quick Jr discuss with Line Judge Phil McKinnely and Referee Bill Vinovich about whether Winston was clearly a runner?"

And then there was the push off by the DB in the end zone to get the interception and end the game. Terrance Williams had a similar play last week where it seemed like he pushed off to make a catch in the end zone for a touch down but it was flagged. I would love to know why this week the Buc's weren't flagged for the same thing after the refs were all over the Cowboys DB's for pass interference (and those were pretty weak calls).

The defense played a very good game and if the offense could of scored a bit more or even converted a few more 3rd downs it would of been a great game by the defense. The refs didn't do the Cowboys any favors but they still had many opportunities to win this game.

title.
  • Options
    Finally.

Was unable to watch. It want broadcast in my area.

Saw some highlights, all offense.

How was the D?

• Options
    The defense was solid and much improved in the 4th quarter. It was one of their better games stat wise but they probably played a few better games during the losing streak.

title.
  • Options
    Giants will win the division with a 7-9 record. Cowboys will finish either 4-12 or 5-11 and Mr. Mediocrity will finally be fired and replaced by John Gruden.
  • Options
    Cowboys are a point and a half favorite over the undefeated Panthers.

Lots of reading between the lines there.

• Options
    Originally posted by: sparky64

Cowboys are a point and a half favorite over the undefeated Panthers.

Lots of reading between the lines there.

Panthers get no respect.

• Options
    Tony Romo is willing to pick up the banner and then throw it right to Luke Kuechly.....

mark
  • Options

Down goes Romo , yikes . The light at the end of that tunnel is an oncoming train .
  • Options
    OMG, what a fiasco that was. image

Defense was respectable but the three picks with two returned for TD's was too much.

Time to keep tanking for draft position? image

• Options
    I think the Cowboys still have a chance for the division but only if Romo is OK, tough game against that Carolina squad I mean that D is straight up NASTY