Home Sports Talk

Don't ya just luv it............

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
Steelers get beat and Brady makes everybody eat crow.

My favorite play of the game was in the 4th quarter. The Steelers DB's have looked like the 4 stooges all night and this little DB has the gall to try to get in Gronks face (he's too short to) after Gronk catches yet another pass, but is ruled out of bounds.

LOVE IT!

Comments

• mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    I loved all 60 minutes of it!!!!image

To all the haters: Don't hate us 'cause you ain't us!!!!image
  • jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    I love how the story today is "the Steelers are pissed because headsets didn't work". NFL says they supply the same equipment to both teams. Pats apparently had some issues too. My question is this - why can't a $9 billion business provide military-grade communications, so that "hacking" or allegedly disabling communications isn't a problem?
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course the myopic thinking skeptics...aka Patriot haters...now think the headset faux pas is indicative of "Patriot Cheating". Each and every game will come under this kind of scrutiny if even too many snowflakes fall on any given play.

Earth to the haters...get over it!! Goodell is an over-reaching doofus and got body slammed because he couldn't pony up any proof in a court of law.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How come Patriot fans always mistake 'complete lack of interest' for 'hate'.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Of course the myopic thinking skeptics...aka Patriot haters...now think the headset faux pas is indicative of "Patriot Cheating". Each and every game will come under this kind of scrutiny if even too many snowflakes fall on any given play.

Earth to the haters...get over it!! Goodell is an over-reaching doofus and got body slammed because he couldn't pony up any proof in a court of law. >>

I'm not a Pats hater, but ever since Goodell buried a significant amount of Belichek's cheating during Spygate as a personal favor to Kraft, I don't think a single Pats win is untainted since Belichek took over as coach. Win at all costs, integrity be damned. While I'm not a fan of Goodell's absolute power either, it's what the NFLPA agreed to during the last CBA. The NFLPA is as much at fault for all of this as Goodell and the next CBA negotiations are going to be nasty with a pretty high likelihood of a lockout.

Earth to Pats homers..... Have you read the court ruling for Deflategate? There was nothing in there exonerating the Pats or Brady from the scandal. The Brady suspension was only overturned due to technicalities of the process in which it was handed down, the team fine and loss of draft picks still stand and were unchallenged. If they were innocent, don't you think they would be challenging those rulings as well? This was done in an attempt to save Brady's legacy for HOF induction, nothing more, nothing less.
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larkin...

Point made!!

I've been in far too many conversations with neighbors...very eclectic neighborhood, who frequently and easily use the term "hate"...one person actually wanted Brady banned for life. When pressed as to the harsh assessment, the response was pale, as in "don't know, I just think he's a cheater". As a retort, I tried to seek rational for his blow out in the second half of the game, after the balls were reported to be properly inflated. Supposedly underinflated balls he played well, properly inflation he was exceptional, this with weather conditions in the low 50s and rain as I recall.

Perhaps the judge was indeed trying to salvage Brady's record.

Yes, I actually did read the judges ruling...thanks for correcting me.
    Like I said, I don't hate the Pats and think Brady is a great QB who doesn't need to cheat to win games. As a matter of fact, I was quite happy Gronk caught 3 TDs last night as it really helps my fantasy team's chances of winning this week. The outcome of the game and performance with properly inflated balls is irrelevant in the context of game integrity. In baseball, if a batter even walked up to the plate with a corked bat and never swung at a pitch before it was discovered, they would be thrown out of the game, suspended and forever branded a cheater. It would be assumed that they didn't get caught their first time trying it and who knows how many games prior were impacted by using by using non-compliant equipment. Nothing different here except you have media going crazy about Goodell overreaching and a proven history of Belichek cheating that muddies the waters.

If it was my job to throw footballs for a living, I'm pretty sure I would know the PSI within 0.2 or if spacing between the laces were off by 1/4" just by gripping one. Brady being unaware of the underinflation is something I just can't buy and the excuse of 'I delete all my messages anyway, so they couldn't have got anything from my phone' is an idiotic statement to anyone in IT. I'll just be happy when I'm done hearing about the Ideal Gas Law and how long it takes equipment managers to go to the bathroom.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pats 28
    Steelers 21

Nothing more nothing less
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If it was my job to throw footballs for a living, I'm pretty sure I would know the PSI within 0.2 or if spacing between the laces were off by 1/4" just by gripping one. Brady being unaware of the underinflation is something I just can't buy and the excuse of 'I delete all my messages anyway, so they couldn't have got anything from my phone' is an idiotic statement to anyone in IT. I'll just be happy when I'm done hearing about the Ideal Gas Law and how long it takes equipment managers to go to the bathroom. >>

Please stop using logic and/or common sense here. It will do you no good.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

This could be the season of Gronk , he just needs to stay healthy. . Edelman and Amondola looked great, Brady looked great.

The defense , not so much though , going to be some shootouts this year lots of close scores .

Pittsburgh looked terrible I thought, defense obviously they lost a lot on that side of the ball and its going to be tough. Ben seemed good , I like the running game a lot though.

Pittsburgh's play calling and clock management left a lot to be desired though . They need to fix that quick.

<< <i>

<< <i>If it was my job to throw footballs for a living, I'm pretty sure I would know the PSI within 0.2 or if spacing between the laces were off by 1/4" just by gripping one. Brady being unaware of the underinflation is something I just can't buy and the excuse of 'I delete all my messages anyway, so they couldn't have got anything from my phone' is an idiotic statement to anyone in IT. I'll just be happy when I'm done hearing about the Ideal Gas Law and how long it takes equipment managers to go to the bathroom. >>

Please stop using logic and/or common sense here. It will do you no good. >>

I know, how silly of me.