Home Metal Detecting
Options

Would doing away with the dollar bill make detecting more interesting?

Would we start finding more dollar coins? And if they did away with pennys how long would we keep finding them😳

Comments

• Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    I would think we'd find at least some modern dollar coins. But think of the ones that go through circulation for a while, man, those things can turn pretty ugly image

As far as pennies, they could stop making them right now and I feel like I'd still be finding them by the boatload for decades to come!
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it might help with off setting gas prices or maybe some lunch. something to ponder on here
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭✭
    I think stopping the cent would help the hobby after two decades have past to clean up the current supply in the ground. You hear those in Europe come home with $20 or $30 in change, so stopping the dollar bill would be a good thing for us.

One thing to fear is the possibility of metal changes. What would happen if the cent/nickel were made out of steel? It could drastically change detecting due to all of the nulling due to rusted coins.
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    Check out any forum that Canadians post on. They are going thru all these issues.
    The new coins sound like gum wrappers in the ground.
    It took only a few months for pennys to disappear from circulation but I bet they will still be digging them for years to come.
    I've seen some amazing totals for clad diggers. Where I might find 3000+ coins in a year and total $150 up in Canada, with the $1 and $2 coins, the total is more like $1000.
  • Options
    I got a Canadian dime a few weeks ago and was surprised the signal it gave. It was something like a half null, half low tone signal.
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zenta is the something wrong with your posts or is it just my computer? All I see is websites.
  • Options
    he's a spammer and needs to be banned.