Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1938-D Buffalo Nickel - Grade Opinions

KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
Picked this up with the 1852 Large cent that I purchased a while back. It's not an expensive coin, but for $12.50 shipped, I couldn't pass it up.

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover

Comments

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has the look of a 66, luster of a 66, strike of 65, but I agree, the rim issues are serious and will limit it to 63/64 territory. This is not a difficult coin to find very, very nice.
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It has the look of a 66, luster of a 66, strike of 65, but I agree, the rim issues are serious and will limit it to 63/64 territory. This is not a difficult coin to find very, very nice. >>

couldn't of said it better right here ^^^
    those reverse rim issues are gunna hurt it's grade bad
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    BUFFNIXXBUFFNIXX Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the rim issues are serious enough that they will be listed on the insert, I would give it an ms60 because of that. still is a nice coin in its own right
    Collector of Buffalo Nickels and other 20th century United States Coinage
    a.k.a "The BUFFINATOR"
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It has the look of a 66, luster of a 66, strike of 65, but I agree, the rim issues are serious and will limit it to 63/64 territory. This is not a difficult coin to find very, very nice. >>

• Options
    Wow time for new glasses. I totally missed the rim and was focused on the hip scar.

Nick
  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice '38!image

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice coin. ill go with ms 64 jmo
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    The coin has nice luster but that's a deep gouge on the Buffalo's hip and the strike is not good for the date. The rim issues are also a problem. If the coin graded, I'd say MS63.
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor strike on a VERY common coin. It may get a 63 (but it isn't really worth slabbing) but I personally wouldn't buy it at all due to the strike issues.
    All glory is fleeting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file