Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anybody here want to make a recommendation. . .

on the merits of having a large group of 1950's Parkhurst NHL cards graded ? They're all very high quality, with plenty of HOF'ers included. Does PSA offer any deals for volume submissions ?

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

Comments

• Options
    You should grade them.

They do offer volume related discounts, but the volume must be very large. How many do you have?
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate the prompt reply. But as you know, usually if somethin' seems too good to be true. . .

image It's a partial set of the 1994 Parkhurst "Missing Link" reprints(?), with stats for the '56 season that Parkhurst didn't make. Oh well, it was found during a cleaning project at the shop a few months ago, and I didn't research it thoroughly until tonight. Credit goes to PSA for having the archive of legit Parkhurst sets listed. I'll probably pony up $5 - $10 to the shop for the 60 or so cards anyways.image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Appreciate the prompt reply. But as you know, usually if somethin' seems too good to be true. . .

image It's a partial set of the 1994 Parkhurst "Missing Link" reprints(?), with stats for the '56 season that Parkhurst didn't make. Oh well, it was found during a cleaning project at the shop a few months ago, and I didn't research it thoroughly until tonight. Credit goes to PSA for having the archive of legit Parkhurst sets listed. I'll probably pony up $5 - $10 to the shop for the 60 or so cards anyways.image >>

I would recommend reconsidering the decision to send all those in for grading if your intent is resale rather than keeping for a personal collection. Most of them would likely not cover your at-cost grading fees, ebay fees, paypal fees, & shipping costs with anything left as profit. Some of the inserts might be worth it though, depending on which ones you have.

That said, I think it is a fun set to rip. I was lucky enough to pull a Maurice Richard auto from a box of those.