Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Help grading a Ernie Banks rookie

So this card has been offered to me and I wanted to get the boards opinion on the grade of the card. I have not seen it in hand but the seller says it is wrinkle/crease free. Thanks for the help everyone!

Comments

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Cant tell if its a paper loss or stain on the lower right edge, but am thinking a 2. Looks slightly shaved at the top, but might just be the angle of the pic
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    2-3
    Looks like it may have slight warping or maybe just bent. Either way... I like it! I still need to get one.
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the 2 possibility. Ernie has a great rookie card and this one presents well. Doug
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    3 if everything else checks oiut
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>3 if everything else checks oiut >>

I'll second this. Nice card regardless image
  • Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it'll be between a 2 or 3 with a ST qualifier. Bottom right and inbetween his cap and the border has a stain looks like.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3(ST) or straight 2.
  • Options
    I try to grade it before looking at the other comments and I said a 3. Looks like most agree as well.
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking altered stock as a possibility. The side view looks like it is compressed in the middle and wavy towards the ends. I am guessing between that and the stain by Ernie's hat that this card may have been wet or at least damp in the last 60+ years. It should still have 2-3 value based on appearance, but I don't think that it may be given a # grade. Having the card in hand would be much easier to tell based on feel.
  • Options

<< <i>I try to grade it before looking at the other comments and I said a 3. Looks like most agree as well. >>

I agree with this guy who agreed with the other guys that 2nd the original agreement.