Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

SGC sent me someone else's graded cards!

I've been out of card collecting for about a year now. I thought it was strange I received a box from SGC delivered to my old place (my sister lives there now). I went over and opened it and there were 2 batches of graded SGC cards (didn't count exactly, but ~30-40 freshly slabbed cards!). The submitter has the exact same name as me (no shippong address written on invoice), but different email address. Definitely not good for SGC to ship based on name only (they need to cross reference name and email address to ensure correct mailing address). I will contact SGC and request they send me a shipping label so I can ship it back. Do you guys think I should email the submitter and just let him know about it? (I know I would probably freak out/worry if my cards were shipped to someone else). Also anything I need to do to protect myself? (Don't want any issues of missing cards because the submitter did not individually list the cards on one of the submitted invoice). Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Comments

• Options
    Just ship back to SGC. And good deed #1 checked off for the day. No need to open up a can of worms with the other guy.

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow that is crazy! I would definitely get it back into sgc's hands and let them mail it to the correct address.
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    I'd email the other guy, because that's what I would want someone else to do.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I'd do what BOTH Matt & Bob suggested.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Call Earl at SGC. He'll take care of it.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    It happens in every line of business. I would call SGC and ask what they would like you to do?
    They are good guys and I am sure they will compensate you if that's what you're looking for?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    belzbelz Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd do what BOTH Matt & Bob suggested. >>

+1
    "Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd
  • Options

<< <i>Call Earl at SGC. He'll take care of it. >>

Spoke to Earl (nice guy!)....got some free SGC vouchers coming my way (didn't expect it). image Now I just need to buy some ungraded cards! Lol

Thanks all for the advice.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Props to you for doing the right thing and glad some good karma came your way already.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to know there are still honest people out there. Good on you

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    I got a feeling what ever raw cards you send them will be graded by the Grader of Life image
  • Options
    Thanks for your honesty! It's refreshing to see. If there is anything SGC can help you with, please let me know. And in appreciation for what you did, you have some free grading vouchers on their way. Again, thanks for your assistance in this matter. My best to you!